Makespacenow: jam recipe please:-)

mctavi, Dec 2, 2:41am
Hi
I have rhubarb and saw in another thread a comment you made about making rhubarb and vanilla bean jam - would you mind sharing it with me! Sounds amazing! I have tried searching using <<< but couldn't find it! Many thanks :-)

makespacenow, Dec 2, 3:10am
it is into all these years I had no idea. Will bump it for you

mctavi, Dec 2, 3:29am
Thank you so much!

mctavi, Dec 2, 3:34am
Is there anything else you can use except for pectin! ie extra lemon! I've just come back from the store and am not keen on going out again :-) And is there a rough timing on how long it will take to boil before putting in jars!

bedazzledjewels, Dec 2, 3:34am
Message for makespacenow - Willie's is about to get to another Facebook 'likes' milestone so there'll be an offer coming up real soon. A Christmas prezzie for us!

makespacenow, Dec 2, 3:39am
Yes lemon will be fine. Or apples. Or any other fruit that has high pectincontent. I buy a bucket of it a year as I use it a lot and with a baby don't have time to make own pectin stock. But I have posted recipe for that too. Using pectin powder/stockwill allow you to cut down/or out completely sugar. The fruit cooks faster and everything tastes fruitier.
If you do not have lemons and don't mind using more sugar just increase the amount of sugar as that will help setting.

makespacenow, Dec 2, 3:42am
oooh. Huge TA for posting that ;)
He is so great I sent him a pm and he replied an entire story, not just a line.
Eta just had a look 9 likes away!
I really need some more used my last block on smoked chilling dark chocolate fudge.to go in my fudge x mas bags!

mctavi, Dec 2, 3:50am
Thanks so much :-) Really appreciate your help!

makespacenow, Dec 2, 4:20am
you're welcome.
I would probably upp the sugar as more lemon might make it too sour.
Hope you'll enjoy it.

bedazzledjewels, Dec 8, 7:02pm
Makespacenow - Willie's got the free chocolate offer up on FB now. He fell asleep early and didn't set up the discount until last night.