Ice Cream Maker

kiwiscrapper1, Nov 28, 10:44pm
made my first lot of ice-cream but it turned out more vanilla colour rather than white and creamy it was also quite icey like gelato rather than ice-cream! what did I do wrong it was made with the custard recipe 8 egg yolks full cream milk and cream and followed the recipe properly for a change! so many people say how delish it is but I didnt think much of it.

wazza114, Nov 29, 7:51pm
the recipe we use ( will need to look for it lol) but it was made with cream, vanilla essence ,plus a couple other things that i cant remember.it was made in a proper ice cream maker that you can buy.it was real yummy. actually must make some again.

harrislucinda, Nov 29, 10:18pm
isitworthbuying1beenthinking aboutit

uli, Nov 29, 10:19pm
It is 4 eggs separated, 100g of sugar, vanilla and 300ml of cream.

uli, Nov 29, 10:20pm
No it is not worth it for the odd time, but if you use it daily then it might be. I make the recipe I gave above and simply pour it into an ice cream container and put it in the freezer for 24 hours. Then it is ready to eat with no further fuss.

harrislucinda, Nov 30, 3:49am
thanksalwayshaveplentyofcreamandeggsso mightget1

cookessentials, Nov 30, 4:41am
Usually the ice crystals are from a lack of churning long enough, so not sure if that was the case. Home made vanilla ice-cream is always a lot creamier in colour than commercial white vanilla ice-cream.