Bacon, chicken, eggs, cheese, onion, some help me

andrea49, Nov 28, 3:42am
make up tea ! I also have coconut cream and assorted sachets. Cannot think to save myself.

mumstu, Nov 28, 3:50am
Savory flan with bacon, onion, eggs, cheese. yum!

245sam, Nov 28, 3:52am
andrea49, re the chicken that you have - is it a whole chicken, bone-in pieces or boneless chicken breast or thigh fillets!What vegetables do you have and any potatoes, rice.!:-))

dreamers, Nov 28, 4:04am
Self crusting quiche.using all the ingredients

andrea49, Nov 28, 4:24am
Cooked chicken/shredded.

andrea49, Nov 28, 4:24am
got potatoes and rice. Still havent done anything yet :)

uli, Nov 28, 4:31am
"Bacon, chicken, eggs, cheese, onion, some help me to make up tea."

Just add boiling water and you'll have a lovely tea :)

uli, Nov 28, 4:32am
In case you wanted to make dinner - then add some eggs and bake it and you have a quiche!

245sam, Nov 28, 4:57am
CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE CRUMBLE
This is an easy, can be prepared ahead, almost all-in-one meal and a good way of using up leftover cooked chicken.

2 cups (360g) chopped cooked chicken
500g frozen mixed vegetables
1 x 440g can condensed cream of asparagus soup (or other soup of choice)
2/3 cup stale breadcrumbs
½ cup grated tasty cheese
3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley

Thaw the frozen vegetables and drain them to remove as much excess liquid as possible.
Combine the chicken, vegetables and soup in an 8 cup capacity ovenproof dish.
Mix the breadcrumbs, cheese and parsley in a bowl, then sprinkle the mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
Bake at 180ºC for about 40 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned and the crumble is heated through. Serve with e.g. baked potatoes or fresh bread.
Serves 4-5.

OR

Alison Holst's ROAST CHICKEN CASSEROLE (aka Crunchy Chicken)
1 chicken (whole or jointed)
1-2 bacon rashers
1 cup water
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 cloves garlic - crushed
cornflour to thicken
salt and pepper
2 tbsp butter
1 onion finely chopped
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs

Because you already have the chicken cooked you would obviously skip from** to ** and you will need to lightly cook the bacon - you will also need some chicken stock.
**Place chicken (whole or jointed) in a saucepan with bacon, water, soya sauce and garlic. Cover and simmer over very low heat for about an hour or until the flesh is tender.Bone the chicken.**
Place the chicken flesh in a shallow ovenware dish.
Chop the bacon and sprinkle it over the chicken.
Strain liquid and thicken it with cornflour paste, season and pour over chicken - here you would simply thicken your chicken stock but be careful of adding any extra salt because some stock, unless homemade, can be quite salty.
Melt butter and cook onion in it until it is tender but not browned. Remove from heat and mix well with dried herbs and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle topping evenly over cooled sauce and chicken. Refrigerate until required.
Reheat at 190ºCforabout 30-40 minutes, until the topping is crisp and the sauce and chicken have heated through.

Hope that helps.:-))

cookiebarrel, Nov 28, 4:58am
Got to luv your sense of humour uli ;-)

samanya, Nov 28, 5:05am
Are you correcting the OP on her use of the word 'tea'!
That's rich!
Maybe you might like to have a little study here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_%28meal%29
"Tea can refer to any of several different meals or mealtimes, depending on a country's customs and its history of drinking tea. However, in those countries where the term's use is common, the influences are generally those of the former British Empire (now the Commonwealth of Nations). Tea as a meal can be small or large."

cookiebarrel, Nov 28, 5:07am
Thank you so much both andrea49 and 245sam, you have given me two yummy, nice, new recipes to use for my chicken (and mince, but not together) addicted #1 son.Get so sick of the same old, same old ways of doing it!He is also quite partial to bacon so I now have two new ways to try.

sarahb5, Nov 28, 5:08am
Is that all you have or do you have any pasta!