Help gluten free bread

huna1, Nov 27, 8:55pm
does anyone have a good recipe for gluten free bread I have been diagnosed as gluten intolernt. I have tried all the mixes to no avail as they dont rise even with new yeast and tried my bread maker with vey similar and poor results would appreciate some help were i am going wrong and some tried and tested recipes please

fishnwally, Nov 28, 1:32am
Hi I use the Healtheries Simple Bread Mix in my breadmaker, which I have just recently upgraded to one that has a gluten free function, I went through all the different types of bread in the supermarket and all the bread mixes for our son, for which he found he liked that brand that I mentioned, I found that soaking the active yeast first for a few minutes works wonders and I also add a egg.

bedazzledjewels, Nov 28, 3:14am
Have you considered giving up bread altogether! Many of us have for gluten issues. Four years bread-free here.

davidt4, Nov 28, 5:27am
Well done Dazz.Just over two years for me and I'd never go back.

mica3, Nov 28, 6:38am
Gave up trying to make presental GF bread now just buy Vogels GF - even hubby will eat that.
A friend makes a good brew in her bread maker using a Bin Inn GF bread mix but she does add linseed oil and other seeds

angry, Nov 28, 6:51pm
Hi, Yoiu could check out the website for the tin kitchen in Geraldine. They make quite a nice loaf but also sell a dry mix to which you just add water. They are very reasonably priced. It might take a couple of tries to get it right - I usually make 500gm bread mix to 565gm water and then you leave to rise, pop it in the oven for 30 mins. Very simple and is also nice toasted. Good luck

hesian, Nov 29, 8:27pm
A number of loaves by Thoroughbread are available.Bit expensive but if just you eat it not so bad.This operation however is out of N. Island (not so far from Wellington) but perhaps she sells to your area.

We have a gluten free shop locally and this is their top bread seller. Nearest thing to a traditional Vogels I have found. Comes sliced but can put in order for pre-sliced.Favourite is the sesame one but others also nice. Can check on internet.