Egg yolks

hound31, Nov 23, 2:02am
Hi, I am going to have a go at making Annabel Langbein's ginger and lemon icecream this weekend but will have four egg yolks left. Could I make lemon honey with these or do I need the whole egg to make it! I'm not a brilliant cook or baker so need some advice lol Thank you.

davidt4, Nov 23, 2:10am
Lemon Curd

60g unsalted butter
130g caster sugar
finely grated zest of two lemons (or one lemon and one tangelo)
4 egg yolks
100 ml lemon juice

In a small heavy bottomed saucepan melt the butter over very low heat.Meanwhile beat the yolks and sugar together until well combined but not foamy, add lemon juice and mix.Pour into pan and stir well, raise heat to medium and stir constantly until the foam dissipates and it thickens. This will take about 5 minutes.Remove from heat and continue to stir for a minute, pour into containers.Cover when cold and keep in the fridge.

hound31, Nov 23, 2:15am
Thank you:)

linette1, Nov 23, 2:21am
Martha Stewart Recipe for Lemon Curd.
Ingredients:
3 large egg yolks, strained *
Zest of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup lemon juice
6 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cut into pieces
Directions:
1. Combine yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice, and sugar in a small saucepan. Whisk to combine. Set over medium heat, and stir constantly with a wooden spoon, making sure to stir sides and bottom of pan. Cook until mixture is thick enough to coat back of wooden spoon, 5 to 7 minutes.
2. Remove saucepan from heat. Add butter, one piece at a time, stirring with the wooden spoon until consistency is smooth.
3. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl. Lay a sheet of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the curd to avoid a skin from forming; wrap tightly. Let cool; refrigerate until firm and chilled, at least 1 hour.
You could freeze the lemon curd for up to a year.
Lemon curd is delicious spooned over plain yogurt.
* NB : Martha's recipe sieves the yolks in a small strainer before adding to the sugar mixture. You can do this easily by stirring to break the yolk membrane and then adding your lemon juice as you stir the entire mixture through the sieve. This removes those unsightly concretions that adhere to egg yolks and cause lumps in sauces and lemon curds.

dollmakernz, Nov 25, 3:44am
Egg Yolk Sponge
Beat together 3-4 egg yolks and ½c sugar. Add ¼c boiling water and beat again.
sift and add 3oz flour, 1oz cornflour, 1tsp baking powder and a pinch of salt.
Bake 180º in a loose bottom tin