First time baking bread

woopooz, Nov 22, 3:24am
in a Bread maker.
Oh gosh - do hope I have it correct, fingers xed.

kinna54, Nov 22, 3:38am
good luck.as long as it's using NZ measures, and not Aus cup measures it should be fine. There are lots of tips on here in the breadmaking thread.

carlosjackal, Nov 22, 4:13am
Also, it's important to add the ingredients in the order specified by the Breadmaker manufacturer/manual - each breadmaker manufacturer can differ from the next, and the result can be disastrous if ingredients are not loaded into the machine in the order specified by the manufacturer.

carlosjackal, Nov 22, 4:13am
Also, it's important to add the ingredients in the order specified by the Breadmaker manufacturer/manual - each breadmaker manufacturer can differ from the next, and the result can be disastrous if ingredients are not loaded into the machine in the order specified by the manufacturer of the breadmaker that you are using.

sossie1, Nov 22, 4:16am
I gave up on the breadmaker, after discovering the no-knead bread, mix it up in a big bowl, pour it in the bread tin (Annabel Langheim)

woopooz, Nov 22, 5:56am
Yea yea, its looking great - I have my friend's recipe - just rang her to say, HEY, its up to the lid & she laughed & said YES, tis gonna be a good loaf.
My husband wouldn't look at tit - incase it blew up in his face, ha ha.
Hear the beep - must be ready to take out.

korbo, Nov 23, 7:56am
how did it turn out!

uli, Nov 23, 8:03am
Baking bread in a bread-maker should be a breeze!

mwood, Nov 24, 11:03pm
More hot air from the master

kiwibubbles, Nov 25, 3:43am
i thought that was only important if you were putting the bread maker on a timer instead of doing it straight away! I'm sure i read somewhere that if you're putting it on straight away, it doesn't matter what order the ingredients go in. I always chuck my ingredients in randomly and my stuff has all turned out pretty much the same

mwood, Nov 25, 3:57am
Everything becomes easier with a little structure and routine - I'm sure it's about training the cook and not the machine.

racheee, Nov 25, 8:47pm
I am always too scared to put them in in any other order in case it doesn't turn out.Nothing worse than a flat loaf!