Mince? what are your fav recipes?

norja, Nov 15, 9:13pm
i have 20kgs of mince to use up. what are your favourite recipes for you and the family! thanks

norja, Nov 15, 9:14pm
also they have to be dairy free and tomato free as we have intolerances.sorry

kirmag, Nov 15, 11:12pm
Without tomato!!!!impossible :p

My favs all have tomato. so can't help.I like Nigella's Meatzza if anyone has thought of trying it, YUM!

uli, Nov 16, 12:15am
Oh yes the meaty pizza - lovely - nothing to do with Nigella of course.

Has been a favourite of the paleo/primal crowd for decades.

She just found it online - and claimed it as hers LOL :)

uli, Nov 16, 12:19am

sarahb5, Nov 16, 12:28am
I have heaps but the family don't like them all:

Moussaka
Lasagne (with pumpkin and spinach - that's the bit the boys don't like)
Nachos
Babotie
Burgers
Spaghetti Bolognese

I don't think any of my mince recipes, except the burgers, are tomato and dairy free though - sorry.

To be honest though I'd be cooking it up in batches to freeze because I don't think I'd want to keep eating mince every night until we'd got through 20kg!

davidt4, Nov 16, 12:31am
I takw it you mean minced beef.

Minced Beef with Peanuts

Serves 4

1 tab oil
1 ½ tab minced garlic
1 tab minced ginger
3 tab minced spring onions
450 g minced beef or venison
3 tab whole yellow bean sauce
1 tab chilli bean sauce
1 ½ tab Shaoxing wine
1 tab dark soy sauce
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
2 tsp sugar
3 tab chicken stock or water

garnish:50g roasted peanuts, crushed.3 tab coarsely chopped spring onions

Prepare garlic, ginger and spring onions, combine.Heat a wok and add oil.When smoking hot add garlic, ginger and spring onions, stir fry 15 sec.Add meat, stir to break up, fry 2 min.Add rest of ingredients, stir well, lower heart and simmer 5 min.

Pour into deep dish, sprinkle garnish on top.Serve with noodles or rice.

kirmag, Nov 16, 12:57am
Oh well it's yum anyway and when we had our Nigella night at work I made it mmm mmmm everyone loved it and sooo easy!
http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/MEATZZA-5546

carlosjackal, Nov 16, 12:58am
Bolognese, Lasagne, and meatballs made with pork and beef mince (50/50).

uli, Nov 16, 3:44am
With a bit of luck norja might come back in here .

tjman, Nov 16, 3:55am
Cook : mushroom, bacon and onions all finely diced.Set aside to cool.
Add to raw mince, salt and pepper and fresh bread crumbs. mix well.
Shape into a sausage shape, and insert a cube of flavoured tofu. (i use blue cheese)
wrap sausage in streaky bacon and cook in the oven at 180 for about 40 mins.

uli, Nov 16, 3:57am
streaky bacon and tofu!
The mind boggles .

karenz, Nov 16, 5:12am
Hard without tomatoes and dairy, but how about meatballs with a mushroom sauce, or with portabella mushrooms cooked in oil and garlic and tossed through, you could also do this with tomato free ratatouille, or vegetables like marrow, pumpkin or eggplant stuffed with a savoury mince mixture with breadcrumbs crumbled over the top and drizzled with oil.

norja, Nov 18, 2:09am
thanks guys for the suggestions.sometimes you just get a mind block when all your favorites with mince are ruled out because they all have tomatoes or dairy.i am busy reading all the threads posted above as well thanks.
i will try the flavoured tofu and bacon - sounds nice and also the mushroom soup one.thanks

lythande1, Nov 18, 2:45am
To use up! Freeze it.

uli, Nov 19, 3:25am
Maybe it is frozen and she needs to use it up .

nik12, Nov 19, 11:43am
My family still loves good old mince stew like my mum made.Brown a onion, add mince and brown. Oxo cube, or T marmite. or worchesershire sauce.I like to add a good slop of tomato relish.Mixed vege (or sliced carrot and peas) till it looks the right ratio. Add water to about 3/4 up and boil 'till vege cooked. Thicken with a couple T mixed with water too a paste, over a medium heat.
Brilliant the next day on toast too.

hollypc, Nov 21, 4:18am
Kai Sai Min,
Fry onion an mince 1/2 kg , 4tbs rice 1tbs sugar, 1 tsp curry powder, 2x chicken noodle soup, soya sauce, tomatoe sauce, worcester sauce, 2 cups water, add peas or corn , mixed veges , then add finely chopped cabbage,,simmer till ready yum yum.

hollypc, Nov 21, 4:35am
another is if you google meatloaf with bbq sauce this is yummy .makes a huge loaf i use more mince with the sausage meat.