Can someone please help me make up a recipe?

racheee, Nov 14, 12:34am
I am wanting to bake my own pregnancy cookies and I have a list of ingredients, but can you please help with approximate measurements!

Brown sugar
buckwheat flour
coconut oil
rolled oats
linseeds
chia seeds
cinnamon
raising agent (sodium bicarbonate)
ginger
himalayan sea salt

Thank you!

davidt4, Nov 14, 3:29am
What are pregnancy cookies!Are they to help you get pregnant, or to eat while you are pregnant!

uli, Nov 14, 3:33am
Or even make you pregnant :)

grannypam, Nov 14, 3:36am
I think thats what the "raising" ingredient helps with,.lol

accroul, Nov 14, 3:39am
I see an pseudo ANZAC biscuit.

racheee, Nov 14, 4:07am
Lol!They are meant to be for when you are pregnant, bit better than your standard biscuit I guess.

punkinthefirst, Nov 14, 4:42am
Start with an Anzac Biscuit recipe, or something similar and change one ingredient at a time til you get the biscuit that tastes and looks like the one you want. For instance, you could add some of the seeds, and swap some of the butter for coconut oil, and some of the flour for buckwheat flour. Substitute your salt for ordinary salt (though I doubt it would make a lot of difference - it's only a pinch, after all). Cinnamon or ginger could go in any time. and Anzac Biscuits have bicarb in them, anyway.
Another biscuit worth looking at would be a digestive-type biscuit, or savoury crackers.

lythande1, Nov 14, 6:02pm
Having a few seeds and so on in it is negated by the sugar.

uli, Nov 14, 9:33pm
Being preganant I would eat normal food: meat, fish, eggs, lots of vegetables and some fruit, nuts and dairy if it agrees with you.

I would NOT eat any of the above.

kuaka, Nov 14, 10:06pm
When I was pregnant, and the morning sickness lasted most of the day and for the first five months, I ate anything, and I mean anything at all that I could keep down.It wasn't long after thalidomide had been found to be the cause of so many birth defects, so there was no way I was taking any medication to stop the sickness, so I lived on things like French fries when I fancied them, fried egg sandwiches, and plates full of runner beans - not all at once, with the occasional "normal meal" when I felt okay.After six months I only had the morning sickness in the evenings.Being pregnant wasn't much fun for me, but at least I was only in labour two and a half hours.

sarahb5, Nov 15, 4:20am
Could make some sort of variation on a birdseed slice or energy slice - you could start with these and then play around with the ingredients

http://www.healthyfood.co.nz/recipes/2009/april/gluten-free-birdseed-slice http://www.chelsea.co.nz/baking-and-recipes/297/energy-slice.aspx

indy95, Nov 15, 4:32am
Racheee, are you gluten-free ! I have areally good slice recipe containing similar ingredients which I can post if you would like it.

racheee, Nov 19, 3:46am
With all due respect, Uli, I was not asking for "eating during pregnancy" advice, but advice with a recipe.Thank you.

racheee, Nov 19, 3:47am
I welcome any good slice recipes, thanks!

racheee, Nov 19, 7:26am
Will try that, thanks a lot! :)