Lemon Honey

sarahb5, Nov 10, 4:23am
I've just finished my latest jar and it was delicious but I have a couple of limes in the fridge at the moment that need using up so I was wondering if I could do lemon & lime next time!I just use the microwave lemon honey recipe, the fat free one.

geldof, Nov 10, 4:42am
I often mix them, sarahb5.

elliehen, Nov 10, 4:51am
I like adding passionfruit to mine.

carlosjackal, Nov 10, 6:55am
It'll be really nice; the lime juice will give it a real 'kick'.

jbsouthland, Nov 10, 6:56am
Wasn't there a thread on here recently using courgettes as well.but yes we use both lime and lemon

angel404, Nov 10, 7:19am
Can i ask what recipe you use sarah! Most recipes have butter in them and i hate the flavour of butter in lemon honey.

nanasee1, Nov 10, 7:36am
Angel you may like to try this one

Lemon Honey in the Microwave

This only makes a small amount but easily doubled with slight adjustments to cooking times.

2 eggs plus 1 yolk;
juice & zest of 2 lemons;
1/2 cup sugar;
1 tsp honey (optional).

Whisk eggs lightly, add juice, zest & sugar & honey if using.

Microwave on High in 30 second boosts, stirring it each break, for 2-3 mins total.

(Don't overcook it - it sets on cooling.)

Store in sealed jar in fridge for up to 14 days.

elliehen, Nov 10, 7:43am
245sam wrote:

"Ingredients:
1kg yellow zucchini - or peeled green zucchini
juice and zest of 3 lemons
1kg sugar
125g butter

Chop zucchini finely and steam until tender. Puree in a food processor. Place zucchini pulp in a pot with the rest of the ingredients and stir over a low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Increase heat and boil for about 30 minutes, until the curd is thick and creamy like lemon honey. Pour into warm, sterilised glass jars and seal.
Quote happyshoppin (84 ) 8:16 " :-))

sarahb5, Nov 11, 12:33am
It's a recipe I got off here - I think it's pretty close to the one listed although I've never put honey in it