Steak and Oyster pie

beaker59, Nov 7, 1:53am
Just out of interest how would you do it, I am considering just dropping a fresh raw oyster into a standard steak pie before baking. (commercial situation)

karenz, Nov 7, 2:19am
I looked up a beef, oyster and Guinness pie on the BBC cooking website, it was divine, it recommended pushing raw oysters into the cooked steak mix before putting the pastry on the top and baking.

karenz, Nov 7, 2:19am
I looked up a beef, oyster and Guinness pie on the BBC cooking website and made that, it was divine, it recommended pushing raw oysters into the cooked steak mix before putting the pastry on the top and baking.

fifie, Nov 7, 4:43am

mwood, Nov 7, 5:03am
1 Bluff Oyster sounds like the waste of a very expensive oyster. We make a product called a Moyster which is a trimmed mussel that then tastes like an oyster - these could be feasible or cutting up a larger Pacific Oyster and using that. However I do have a surplus of Whitebait at the moment so aWhitebait Pie sounds tempting - perhaps modelled on a Bacon & Egg Pie.

beaker59, Nov 7, 2:27pm
Certainly it should be a criminal offence to cook a bluffie let alone drown it in white sauce grate block cheese over it and grill it like a Nanna.

I am going to try pacific oysters in the next day or so, and may go a bit chef on the steak part with some stout (nz variety rather than guiness) and some herbage etc. I'll let you know how it turns out.

karenz, Nov 8, 4:48am