Cooking Sites

groomingtools, Nov 5, 11:54pm
I am addicted to them.I have just wasted 2 hours looking at recipes.I go into a recipe eg the cream corn chowder and that led to going further and further into sites, then the soft ginger slice etc etc.My printing ink bill is so high as I cant use refillables and I have a stack of printed recipes.Unfortunately this does not stop me frombuying cookbooks still.I bought a Poffertje maker in Brisbane - when I Googled that I lost sense of time.The problem is these sites lead into more and more sites

mwood, Nov 5, 11:57pm
Time for a laser printer !

davidt4, Nov 6, 12:03am
Don't print the recipes, instead copy and paste them into a Word document and save in folders on your hard drive.If you decide to actually make a dish you can print it then.

antoniab, Nov 6, 12:06am
Thats what I do but if I do like it then I will write it down in my recipe book - Im too much of a 'greeny' to be printing off loads of paper (+ too tight lol)

carlosjackal, Nov 6, 12:24am
.but you only need to print the recipe when you're about to make whatever it is you wnat to make - using a/the recipe. You wouldn't be ".printing off LOADS of paper"

Creating a "recipe" document and saving recipes you see online into a folder is such a fantastic way to go for recipes; no need to write recipes down word for word!Cr

carlosjackal, Nov 6, 12:24am
.but you only need to print the recipe when you're about to make whatever it is you wnat to make - using a/the recipe. You wouldn't be ".printing off LOADS of paper"

Creating a "recipe" document and saving recipes you see online into a folder is such a fantastic way to go for recipes; no need to write recipes down word for word!You'd be saving yourself a lot of time and it's so easy to open up your folder!

valentino, Nov 6, 12:24am
Anotherhint, if copying so many recipes then save them in the "Notepad" and when ready to go through them, simply print them off as the notepad format and ones that you really want and use then can be copied into a better word document or PDF.

This way saves paper and ink as notepad is the simplest form for storing anything.

Also does not take much memory space on the computer or flashdrive etc.

Cheers.

groomingtools, Nov 6, 9:03pm
I do cook them so they have to be printed off - the worst problem is the waste of time going into sites.Its addictive

wendalls, Nov 7, 9:08am
i use a tablet or ipad for all online recipes. I save them to favourites then stand it up on my kitchen bench. If it is worth making again i might print it.but tonight i made crispy pakoras off allrecipes for the third time using hubbys ipad.