Cooking Salmon

scha, Nov 3, 1:26am
I have 2 pieces of salmon to cook for tea. I've never cooked salmon as my husband is sure he won't like it and I want to change his mind!
I'm looking for a simple tasty recipe please.

245sam, Nov 3, 1:50am
scha, salmon cooked as in the recipe on the following link is both simple and tasty:-

http://joseagar.com/recipes/category:main-course/baked-salmon-fillets-with-a-lemon-chive-sauce/

I cannot vouch for the sauce though as we have not tried it, preferring instead to use Prenzel's Citrus Vinaigrette or simply the juice of either fresh lime or lemon.

Hope that helps and that you can "change his mind" - nicely cooked fresh salmon is indeed a delicious and healthy meal - just be sure to not overcook the salmon.:-))

busstop6, Nov 3, 1:53am
I am not a salmon fan and to me it is only as good as the sauce that goes with it SO I place salmon pieces on tinfoil cover with either mayonnaise or tartare sauce a knob of butter seal parcel and cook on bbq or in oven.So easy and yummy.

davidt4, Nov 3, 2:14am
Does your husband like Asian flavours!Salmon is very good with a simple teriyaki-style glaze.Mix a tab each of tamari, sake, mirin and sugar, brush liberally both sides of salmon, grill or fry over high heat for about a minute each side.Don't overcook salmon - it should be medium-rare.

scha, Nov 3, 2:21am
Thanks they all sound really nice. I might have to buy some more another time !

kay141, Nov 3, 2:30am
I prefer mine plain, that way I can taste the fish. I fry it at a high heat, in a mixture of butter and a tasteless oil. The oil stops the butter burning. Then served with a wedge of lemon, no sauces, just a salad or plain potatoes and greens. Delicious with buttered, new potatoes,

pickles7, Nov 3, 2:49am
The best way to serve fish is "simple". The only difference for me is, I use a very hot pan oil the fish, sprinkle with salt , skin down first, turn once only. Serve as soon as the oil starts to come away from the fish. If unsure, separate the flesh to see if it is cooked. You do not want to overcook it. lemon is very nice as .kay141.has said.

auntlb, Nov 3, 2:59am
Another nice way to cook it is sprinkled with brown sugar and freshly ground black pepper and then cook skin side down in small amount of oil and butter - as many have said don't overcook - should still be pinky/orange in the middle

scha, Nov 4, 9:51pm
I used the first suggestion and guess what !.he loved it. I will keep all your good suggestions aside for next timeThanks.

245sam, Nov 4, 10:20pm
Thanks for the feedback scha - I'm so pleased that you were able to change your DH's mind re salmon and that he has now has a new and tasty option to enjoy both when having homecooked meals and when dining out.:-))

fooledagain, Nov 5, 11:25pm
I poach my salmon as partner not so keen on it but likes it done this way, fill pan with white wine 1 glass and water add sageor coriander (fresh bunches or other fresh herbs, poach until cooked through, you don't get the oily taste.