Biscuits made using Maltexo

samboy, Nov 3, 1:04am
Does anyone have a recipe for this, I made some years ago and can't find it.Thanks

gardie, Nov 3, 3:36am

cookiebarrel, Nov 3, 3:46am
Have one samboy, just can't put my hand on it right now.Will have a search later and post it if you haven't found yours.I do need to get mine out and put it on the bench though, as I keep buying tins of malt to make the biscuits and always eat the malt first and don't get the cookies made.

cookiebarrel, Nov 3, 3:49am
My thanks to you gardie, that is a great lot of recipes, now to find someone who stocks the bigger tins of Maltexo.Locally NW only have the small tins now, Countdown don't have any and there is no where else to look.Maybe if I push hard enough NW will go back to getting in the larger tins when they get their bigger building!

mumstu, Nov 3, 4:16am
Go to a health food shop cookiebarrel.We LOOVEE the stuff! when I used have it in the house when my kids were younger I had to hide it as they loved it.Good source of vitamins for run down or tired kids.

gardie, Nov 3, 5:21am
All 6 of us as kids (I'm now 51) used to line up for a spoonful of it each morning - we loved it.The loaf on that site was lovely - although I used a bit less maltexo than the recipe stated (seemed too much to me).I should pull the rest of the tin out of the fridge and make something myself.

samboy, Nov 3, 8:09am
thanks for the link, the biscuit one I am thinking of is not on there but those are great all the same.I love malt, I had it as a kid and still buy it but I remember my mum making biscuits that used the malt in them but don't think they had spices in them.Hope you find yours cookiebarrel

samboy, Nov 3, 8:43am
Yippee I found it, here it is for others who may want it:

Simple Malt Biscuits

125 grams butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons golden syrup
2 tablespoons malt extract
2.5 cups self-raising flour

Cream the butter and sugar using an electric mixer. Add the egg, then the golden syrup and the malt extract. Mix until combined.

Sift in the flour and mix with a wooden spoon until well incorporated. Dust hands lightly with flour, then roll dough into small balls and place onto a greaseproof-lined baking tray. Press down slightly with a floured fork. The biscuits will spread and rise only slightly.If you want a more rounded biscuit add half a teaspoon of baking powder to the self raising flour.

Bake at 140C for about 15-20 minutes or until golden.

Makes about 50 small biscuits. Store in an airtight container to maintain crispness.

cookiebarrel, Nov 3, 10:52am
Glad you found your one samboy as I still can't locate mine.Your one does sound similar to mine, so I shall use your one until I find mine.Might try using 3 tablespoons of malt and one of golden syrup to see how that works.Oh yum, hurry on tomorrow.
I once made a bulk lot of shaped cookies and they ended up tasting just like the bought malt biscuits, the ones today are different I reacon.Just my luck ! to this day can't recall which recipe I used,They had NO malt in them at all, but sure were yummy.Just one of those baking flucks I guess, but would mean that if I could make more I wouldn't need to buy malt biscuits to make Lollie cake/slice!