Strawberry Tart

macwood2, Nov 1, 7:12am
Does anyone have a tried and true strawberry Tart that they can recommend please!

carlosjackal, Nov 1, 7:38am
last summer we had a plentiful supply of Rhubarb and I got to thinking about using it with strawberries and searched for a dessert that I thought I'd try. It's turned out to be a keeper.it is truly delicious.

This recipe is absolutely gorgeous. It's a bit long to copy and paste the recipe per se, so have just copied and pasted the web site for you.

http://www.joyofbaking.com/StrawberryRhubarbPie.html

carlosjackal, Nov 1, 7:38am
last summer we had a plentiful supply of Rhubarb and I got to thinking about using it with strawberries and searched for a dessert that I thought I'd try. The recipe I found was for Strawberry and Rhubarb pie and it's turned out to be a keeper.it is truly delicious. In fact I made it 3 or 4 times late last summer and am looking forward to making again soon - when my Rhubarb plant is ready to harvest and there are plenty of strawberries around.

This recipe is absolutely gorgeous. It's a bit long to copy and paste the recipe per se, so have just copied and pasted the web site for you. The video is great to watch.

http://www.joyofbaking.com/StrawberryRhubarbPie.html

*** you could probably substitute the rhubarb for apple if you wanted to ***

unknowndisorder, Nov 4, 12:04am
I printed out this recipe in 2010, but didn't put who'd posted it originally. I'm pretty sure it was cookessentials. I've made it a couple of times and loved it.

STRAWBERRY TART
250g plain flour
80g icing sugar
125g butter, chopped
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1 egg, beaten lightly
500g strawberries, halved
1/3 cup strawberry jam, warmed, sieved
1 tablespoon hot water

CREME PATISSIERE
250ml cream
250ml milk
110g caster sugar
1 vanilla bean, split lengthways
2 eggs
50g cornflour
80g butter, chopped

Sift flour and icing sugar into a medium bowl. Rub in butter then stir in rind and egg; mix to a firm dough.

Knead dough gently on a lightly floured surface until smooth, cover pastry with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Roll pastry between two sheets of baking paper until large enough to line a 24cm loose-based flan tin.

Lift pastry into tin; press into side, trim edge.

Cover, freeze for one hour.

Preheat oven to moderately hot (200C). Blind bake for 20 minutes (put tin on oven tray).

Remove paper and beans and reduce temperatue to moderately slow (160C) and bake for further 15 minutes or until browned.
Cool.

Spread creme patissiere into pastry case, top with strawberries. Brush with combined jam and water.

For the CREME PATISSIERE: Bring cream, milk, sugar and vanilla bean to the boil in a medium saucepan.
Whisk eggs in a large bowl, then whisk in the sifted cornlour.

Gradually whisk in warm milk mixture.

Return the mixture to the pan and stir over medium heat until the mixture boils and thickens.

Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter.

Cover surface with plastic wrap and cool to room temperature.