Pulled Pork?

terachaos, Oct 31, 2:58am
Anyone here got a tried and true recipe to share please! Undecided whether to do BBQ or in the oven. Might be good as a stand-by over the Christmas hols.
TIA:)

mkbooks, Oct 31, 3:40am
What is pulled pork please!

red2, Oct 31, 4:14am
Think jax from masterchef did this - maybe on Countdown website ! Have not tried tho sorry

vinee, Oct 31, 4:30am
Rachael Ray makes it all the time, try her site (not sure what it is).
It looks real YUM!

Mkbooks - it's sort of slow cooked pork in yummyness and then it's "pulled" apart or shredded with a couple of forks and mixed with some cooking juices to make a real yummy looking meaty sloppy biz which you have in a bun and, if Rach is making it, 2 cups of cheese per serve!

julz29, Oct 31, 7:59am
My American friend does hers in crock pot tastes really good, even on a pizza lol

shop-a-holic, Oct 31, 11:16am
Pulled pork is the final result from very slow cooked pork; or pork from a slow cooker.You allow it to cool (for your hands and then shred it).

Pulled Pork is shredded pork usually with fingers or hand method; not using a knife.

buzzy110, Nov 1, 4:04am
When I make Rillettes the pork is slow cooked for hours and then, while still hot, shredded or 'pulled apart' using forks.

karenz, Nov 1, 4:08am
I made pork belly in milk once and it was very like this in consistency.

mercartin, Nov 3, 2:44am
After reading this the other day I decided to have a go at making it. Got the butcher to bone a shoulder of pork. Followed the recipe and put meat in the crockpot. I did put it on high for a few hours as not much was happening. After 8 hours the meat was tender and falling apart. Cut off fat. Reduced the leftover liquid in a pot for a 'gravy' Next time would add a thickener to the gravy bit. Made my own rolls and yum yum. Great for a picnic. great in baps, great for filling up hungry grazers.
http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/easy-crockpot-pulled-pork-recipe/

janny3, Nov 3, 12:34pm
Thanks for the idea of a slow cooker.Ree Drummond did pulled pork on her shows on Choice TV which she cooked in a caserole dish for around 6 hours on a low heat.Will try the slow cooker instead.http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/03/spicy-dr-pepper-shredded-pork/