Cooking for one?

paislydoll, Oct 28, 1:10am
any one else suck at this! So over doing left overs in the freezer, it just is not the same as freshly cooked. and salad just is not the same either, let alone buying small amounts with out wasteing over half of something cos it will not freeze or keep for more than a few day's.

daisyhill, Oct 28, 1:32am
It is a pain, isn't it! For salad you could try growing your own. So much easier to grab a few leaves from a lettuce growing in a pot, or a handful of herbs, rather than wasting half a family-sized bag.

yjeva, Oct 28, 1:48am
I love it - it is so easy not having to cater to more than one person's taste. More often than not I just put everything I want in a steamer and cook it together and then make a bit of sauce or gravy. Leftovers of all sorts get made into fritters.

rainrain1, Oct 28, 2:06am
I think it would be absolute heaven to cook for mwa

karenz, Oct 28, 2:22am
I wish supermarkets would sell meat in single servings, the local New World here used to but they have closed, I know butchers do but they are only open business hours which do not suit people who work the same hours and I don't like the taste of fresh meat once it has been frozen.Same with salads, we now only have a Countdown and you have to buy a big bag of salad greens which starts going slimy a day after you open the bag,

yjeva, Oct 28, 2:32am
You just have to ask at the butchery at the supermarket and they will pack what you want. I do. They might dread me coming but they never say so.

vampiriousmist, Oct 28, 4:43am
I too have always had trouble ! I always do have leftovers for nxt days lunch or dinner. Sometimes enough for a few nights !

dibble35, Oct 28, 6:11am
i like it, as others said dont have to take anyone elses tastes into account, I do end up having the same thing usually for a couple of dinners and a lunch , but it saves me cooking everynight which is the best thing, I also have a couple of dogs who sometimes get my leftovers.