Bread Maker - Recipe?

blondie208, Apr 20, 4:50am
Hi i was wanting a true bread recipe, ive tryed the ones in the cook book and the bread just doesnt come out like very nice, like traditional bread.

pickles7, Apr 20, 6:32am
fruit bread
450 grams of flour, 2 tsp sure-bake yeast, 2 tsp sugar, 3 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp mixed spice, 2 Tblsp soft butter, 2 Tblsp milk powder, 1 tsp salt, 320 mils of warm water... . . add 1 cup of raisins at the beep... ... . .
I weigh up several plastic bags of any bread mixes I make up to the ... . butter and water... . fruit... . . saves a lot of mess and time. I write on the bag what is required to be added. . putpickles7 in the keyword or member space and anytime in the , date posted. . I am sure you will find some more there .

unknowndisorder, Apr 20, 10:19am
Blondie, do a search (left side), but change date posted to anytime. There is at least one thread that has lots of great recipes in it (you'll have trouble choosing which sort to go for).
The thread I'm thinking of is over 10 pages long.
I'm totally cheating as we really like the Edmonds multi grain mix, so use that most times (saves me having all the different ingredients and experimenting).

fogs, Apr 21, 12:18am
x1
Rye Bread (1kg loaf)
1. 5 cups water
3 tablespns vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
1. 5 cups rye flour
1. 5 cups Wholemeal flour
1 cup high grade flour
2 tablespoons treacle
4 teaspoons of surebake yeast
Put ingrediants in the order above in the bread maker use the wholemeal setting.
This is "real bread"

st_allie, Apr 21, 12:57am
I have three different branded breadmakers and I can't use the same recipe in all three of them. . it just doesn't work.

what sort of breadmaker have you got?

veejay13, Apr 21, 2:04am
I had a heap of failures using the recipe book which came with the breadmaker, then got ontoThe Bread Book by Simon and Alison Holst, and hey presto, I can make bread! ! ! Had to order it through Paper Plus as it wasn't "on the shelves" at the time, but is still available.

korbo, Apr 21, 2:33am
I have 3 different breadmakers and use the same recipe for all of them with good success.
the holst book is good.

unknowndisorder, Apr 21, 9:24pm
Allie, with the recipe do you put all ingredients in the same way for each breadmaker?
I've got two and with one of them put the water in first and the other it goes in last.

st_allie, Feb 20, 4:54pm
two of them the water goes in first ( sanyo bread factory and the remington big loaf) the other one the water goes in last ( panasonic)

some have oil in the recipe. . which when I have substituted butter. . the recipe just doesn't quite come out the same.