STUFFED BAKED POTATOES.?

devalois, Oct 24, 7:22pm
Anyone like to share how they do theirs, and new recipe ideas would be awesome! Thanks!

jessie981, Oct 24, 7:29pm
Mine are boring, baked in oven, squeezed to make a cavity & topped with grated cheese, sour cream, salt & pepper.

carlosjackal, Oct 24, 8:12pm
Oooooh.add to that some bacon bits! Mmmmmmmm YUM!

twindizzy, Oct 24, 8:13pm
Onion, capsicum and chili too

mackenzie2, Oct 24, 9:18pm
I microwave mine until soft, then let cool a little, then scoop out potato, careful not to break the skins, I then mash with onion, cream corn, cooked bacon, grated cheese S & P, and a blob of majo, then pack it back into the skins, bake in a hot oven until hot.

fifie, Oct 24, 10:15pm
Sometimes mix with a blob of mayo or sour cream curry powder and few chopped spring onions, OR top with baked beans and grated cheese, for a change.

smiggles15, Oct 24, 11:07pm
same here. sometimes top with left over chilli.

kinna54, Oct 24, 11:18pm
Ditto! mackenzie where did you train! Lost count of the amount of those I made in my career, especially for students at teachers college.
Company I worked for when I moved from Napier, had over 100 on site operations throughout the country. When I read some of your menu's and recipes, I believe we may have been trained in a similar style. (albeit mine was many years ago.) Glad to see you are continuing, you have obviously beenwell taught, (and learned and excelled) well.I would have enjoyed working alongside you.and yep I miss the industry!

mackenzie2, Oct 25, 3:48am
Hi Kinna54, I have never formally trained to cook, just always loved it. My Mother was an awful cook so I started to cook for the family from when I was 10. I have gorgeous big sons so have cooked many many meals/desserts/cakes etc for them over the years, husband is a meat and 3 vege man, so are the boys (great way to fill them up) I now run a small catering company with a close friend and we get to pick and choice what we do, mainly weddings etc, which is a lovely thing to be involved in, we always do funerals for food costs only (not such a nice thing to do like weddings but a honour to be asked) So I am just a basic home cook who enjoys playing in the kitchen (I am atrained nurse by trade, I was accepted into the Police force also, but decided to go nursing, but always wished I had trained as a chef)