New Salad Ideas please

sexy_dusty, Oct 22, 1:54am
looking for some new simple & tasty salads for a 40th BBQ next week

floydandu2, Oct 22, 2:09am
This one is my favourite:Grate together one beetroot and one carrot. On an oven tray, put about half cup of mixed nuts, seeds etc.I like cashews, brazils, walnuts, pumpkin and sesame seeds, but whatever you have.Slosh over a little bit of balsamic vinegar and a couple tsp of brown sugar.Stir and grill until the sugar melts/caramelises. Stir through the grated veg, and add a little bit more balsamic to moisten/to taste.
Has always gone down well wherever I take it, and it keeps well in the fridge too.Yum!

gildon, Oct 22, 2:47am
Also using beetroot.I sometimes use the whole baby beets and cut in half, mix with red onion, strawberries, some red capsicums.Pour over small amount of viniegar (Balsalmic is you like) and equal amount of water.Always very popular.

duckmoon, Oct 22, 2:48am
roasted kumera, tin of chickpeas, slices of orange, chopped dried figs and an orangy dressing

ace441, Oct 22, 4:21am
Torn lettuce (I use a mix of types), carrot sticks, sliced cucumber, green grapes - halved (seedless), tomato segments, cheese cubes, chopped baby beets, yellow capsicum and sliced red onion - Very tasty.

angel361, Oct 22, 4:52am
1 packet of tri-coloured vegeroni san remo pasta
large handful of surimi
large handful of shrimps, small prawns - I get these from the fish section at pak n save
1 jar of thousand island dressing
cook pasta as per instructions on packet, let it cool thoroughly.I cut surimi smaller if needed or tear.Combine all ingredients together and serve in a nice bowl or on a nice platter.Feeds heaps and always very popular with guests; good for a barbacue; very easy

herself, Oct 22, 5:48am
Beetroot and carrots cut into batons, red onions quartered.Put into roasting pan. Drizzle over balsamic vinegar, orange juice, olive oil.Sprinkle with brown sugar. Toss.Roast until tender.Delicious hot or cold.

aw217, Oct 22, 8:56am
Israeli Couscous
1 ½ cupIsraeli Couscous
2Stalks Celery (Thinly Sliced)
2Spring Onions (Thinly Sliced)
¼ cupDried Cranberries (Finely chopped)
2 TbsnOil (neutral)
2Fat cloves of Garlic (Crushed)
2 tspfinely grated Ginger
1 tspCurry powder
1 tspCoriander Seeds (coarsely crushed)
1 tspSalt and Pepper
• Cook the Couscous as per the instructions on the packet.
• Add the Celery, Spring Onions and Cranberries.
• Sizzle the remainder ingredients for 1 minute then remove from heat.
• Add this to the Couscous and stir through.

mabelle2, Oct 22, 9:04am
mix a whole pile of roast veg with some couscous. (kumara, pumpkin, capsicum etc) So yummy!

sarahb5, Oct 22, 8:30pm
I discovered this brown rice, asparagus and cranberry salad last year - it's delicious

http://www.weightwatchers.co.nz/food/rcp/index.aspx!recipeid=157851

guest, Apr 6, 6:52am
ICsmUq nukbqqpuvnyo