Ginger Beer

skye96, Oct 21, 4:47am
Does anyone know how to make it. Ive tried home made and its really nice.

tower, Oct 21, 6:02am
Really easy recipe that I've been making for many years:
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 large lemon
1/2 tsp dried yeast
1 litre water at bloodheat
Mix sugar, ginger and yeast together in a jug.
Add warm water and lemon juice and stir till dissolved.
Stand overnight in a warm place then chill in fridge

harrislucinda, Oct 21, 8:54am
cansearchgingerbeerlastyearmany recipesthereBut the 1aboveisgood as well

resolutionx, Oct 21, 10:36am
Alcoholic or non-alcoholic!

This recipe works very well I used my brew kit for both alcoholic and non-alcoholic versions:

Ginger Beer Recipe

Without Bug

You can make your own this way, with ordinary yeasts, brewers or bakers will do. I do 9 litres at a time so this is for nine litres

1. Boil 9 litres water in a big stainless steel or enamel pot Chop up about 4 or 5 oz of ginger - actually I just grab a big piece of Ginger, peel it and slice it.
2. Slice about 3 lemons Throw all of that plus a heaped teaspoon of cream of tartar and a kilo of sugar into the boiling water and then let cool down.
3. If it's just normal ginger beer you want then when it's about 20 degrees C Throw in some yeast - about a teaspoon.
4. Put the lid on and wait for about 36 hours then bottle (actually it's ready when it forms a thin white scum).
5. Stored at about 20 degrees for a week it's ready to transfer to a cool storage place or into the fridge.
6. If it's alcoholic, Add the yeast and let it ferment until it stops bubbling in the water trap - about 4 or 5 days at about 22 degrees.
7. Then bottle with 1 tsp sugar.
8. Let it condition at 22 degrees for about a week or two.

GINGER BEER PLANT

1. Put in container (not metal) 1/2 cup sugar 1 dessertspoon ground ginger juice of 1 lemon 480 ml water Stand 3 days
2. Pour off half water and feed for 10 days 1 teaspoon ginger and 1 teaspoon sugar
3. BEER Dissolve 4 cups sugar in 3 cups boiling water
4. Strain bug through cloth (I used 2 thicknesses of muslin) and squeeze well.
5. Add juice from plant to sugar mixture.
6. Add juice 2 lemons, 25 cups cold water and bottle
7. RENEW PLANT Keep 1/2 plant left in the cloth (give the other half to a friend) Put it back into the jar and add 1 cup warm water, 2 teaspoons sugar, 2 teaspoons ginger
8. Feed with 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon ginger for 1 week

skye96, Oct 21, 7:57pm
Thank you everyone cant't wait to try these out. bye

guest, Jan 11, 6:52am
Thkiinng like that is really amazing

guest, Jan 13, 1:20pm
One of my favorites, too. I like adindg a a carrot & beet in there as well. Feel better! Will try to stop by TDC to check out the new show today/ tonight!

guest, Jan 14, 9:53am
AFAICT you've corveed all the bases with this answer!