Donut recipe

nannahall1, Oct 21, 3:09am
can any one give me a recipe for donuts please

ngacooky, Oct 21, 3:17am
do you mean the round ones witha hole in the middle that you deep fry and toss in cinnamon and sugar!

harrislucinda, Oct 21, 3:32am
thatsusuallywhatdonuts are

theanimal1, Oct 21, 3:57am
That is a bit rude harris .
doughnuts are not always round with a hole in the middle, cream doughnuts do not have the hole .

theanimal1, Oct 21, 4:06am
Yeast Donuts with Jelly or Glaze

1 package granular yeast

1/2 cup lukewarm water

1 tsp sugar (first amount)

1/2 cup scalded milk

1/4 cup sugar (second amount)

1/4 cup shortening

1 tsp salt

c 1/4 to 3 1/2 cups sifted flour

1 egg

Method

Soak the yeast and 1 tsp sugar in the lukewarm water for ten minutes. Add the hot scalded milk to te shortening, 1/4 cup of sugar and salt and stir until it is lukewarm. Add this to the yeast liquid along with 2 cups of flour and the egg. Beat for five minutes. Beat in one more cup of flour until smooth. Scrape down sides of bowl, cover and let rise for two hours. Turn dough onto board floured with remaining flour. Knead 100 times.

Roll out to 1/3 inch thickness and cut with floured 3" cutter. Let rise uncovered until very light, at least one hour. A thin crust forms on the outside.

Slide the donuts into the hot fat at 375 degrees. As they rise to the surface and become a little brown, turn them over. Fry about three minutes to brown on both sides. Lift out with long fork, but do not prick. Drain then transfer to absorbent paper in a warm place. To sugar the cooleddonuts, shake one at a time in a paper bag containing a little icing or granulated sugar.

Jelly Donut Recipe

Roll donut dough out to 1/4 inch thickness. Let rest five minutes. Cut out with 2 1/2 inch round cutter and let stand five minutes. Place 1 tsp tart stiff jelly or jam in center of half of the rounds. Top with the remaining rounds and seal edges firmly. Let rise uncovered for half an hour. Deep fry and drain as above.

Honey Glaze Donut Recipe

Add 1 1/2 tbsp honey to 3 1/2 tbsp of boiling water and 1 cup icing sugar. Stir to blend. Dip warm donuts into this warm glaze. Let cool and dry on cake rack

theanimal1, Oct 21, 4:06am
x1
Fast and Easy Donuts

For those busy days

6 eggs

6 tbsp Oil

8 tsp baking powder

2 cup milk

1 1/2 tsp vanilla

7 cup flour

1 1/2 tsp nutmeg

Method

Combine the liquids in one bowl. Combine the dry ingredients in aother bowl.

Add one to the other.

Roll out, using very little flour.

Cut into shapes, or if you want to do this the really easy way, just drop spoonfuls into the hot oil.

Deep fry until golden. Roll them in confectioner's sugar when cooked, if desired.

theanimal1, Oct 21, 4:07am
Doughnuts

1 cup granulated sugar

3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

1/2 teaspoon salt

4 cups all-purpose flour (about)

2 eggs

1 cup milk

3 tablespoons melted butter

Fat (for deep-fat frying)

Sift together sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and flour.

Beat eggs thoroughly, then stir into dry ingredients. Add the milk and melted butter. Roll about 1/2 inch thick on a floured board and cut with a doughnut cutter. Fry several at a time in 375 degrees F fat until nicely browned. Drain on paper towels. Dust with granulated or confectioners' sugar.

Makes 24.

theanimal1, Oct 21, 4:08am
Hope this helps nannahall1 xxx

ngacooky, Oct 21, 5:35am
no not all donuts are this shape. some donuts are long with cream and jam on top

cookiebarrel, Oct 21, 8:52am
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.I love the doughnut holes!Not being silly here, but the cutout circle from the doughnut that some places cook and sell sprinkled with cinnamon and sugaryummmmm.Thanks for the recipes as my son bought himself a deep fryer a few weeks back and asked me could we make our own doughnuts, but I had lost the recipe that I had been keeping for years and years, waitng to get a deep fryer.Now we have the fryer I can't find the recipe.isn't it always the way!Still know where to find the doughnut cutter though, have used it for ordinary cookies.Have a recipe in a Muffin book for doughnut muffins that I keep meaning to try!Thanks again OP for asking and thanks theanimal1 for posting.

nannahall1, Oct 21, 9:49pm
thanks the animal have grandies here for the day so we are going to try them now will let you know the results