Microwave recommendations please

kirstyscooby, Oct 20, 8:59am
I am looking for a new stainless steel microwave oven.I get Consumer magazine however the Panasonic NNST680S model that they recommend appears to be discontinued (I cannot find it on the Panasonic website either).

Consumer magazine rated it well for cooking, defrosting and reheating quiche - which many models didn't do successfully in their testing.

Can anyone recommend a good microwave!

dollmakernz, Oct 20, 9:01am
We've had Whirlpool for many years now and its brilliant!

carlosjackal, Oct 20, 9:25am
If your preferance is for Panosonic, ring the Panosonic Customer Service line to confirm whether or not the model you are wanting is DEFINITELY discontinued.

pickles7, Oct 20, 6:01pm
Sharp censor cook for me. I never used a mic for cooking until I was given the Sharp. I have had a panasonic, it was not a patch on the Sharp.

kirstyscooby, Oct 20, 7:01pm
Thanks for the suggestions so far everyone.:-)

Carlosjacksl, yes I have emailed Panasonic to double check.Pickles, what Sharp model do you have!There are so many models within each brand.

pickles7, Oct 20, 7:27pm
Its an older model 1200 watt. I would not want anything lower now. I have a spare too just in case the one I am using pops off.

carlosjackal, Oct 20, 7:40pm
Panasonic have a Comparable Model Locator:

http://panasonic.com/consumer_electronics/home-appliances/microwave-ovens/compare-chart/compare-chart.asp

You simply select what information that you can about your current microwave, and they make suggestions on what current models of Panasonic microwaves offer similar size and wattage to your existing one.

andrew499, Oct 20, 8:07pm
If you don't mind spending just a little more on a microwave than the pric of a standard model, a combination microwave/convection oven is definitely the way to go in my opinion.With these, you have the versatility of a microwave and a second oven should you need it.

kirstyscooby, Oct 20, 8:08pm
Awesome, thanks for that.I will check it out. :-)

kirstyscooby, Oct 20, 8:10pm
Andrew, that is worth a look also.I can see some research ahead!

carlosjackal, Oct 21, 12:39am
True! We currently have a Panasonic microwave which is integrated into our kitchen (along with the fridge, freezer and dishwasher) and are selling our home - and it means we cannot take the microwave with us :( but we do have an almost new LG Microwave/convection oven in storage which we are very glad of now! (in light of not being able to take our Panasonic microwave with us!) and I LOVED our LG for the short time we used it before moving to where we are now. We nearly sold it and so glad that we didn't now! It did take a bit to learn how to use it as a convection oven but once i worked it out.I was away! (might find I'll have to learn all over again! LOL!)