Caramello brownie recipe off of here - any1 make?

dibble35, Oct 19, 6:45pm
I loved the sound of this, so I made it, the recipe seemed a bit odd, no baking powder in it, but I went ahead and made it. It tasted good but was quite flat, and to be honest I have a really great tasting plain brownie recipe that i prefer although the caramel part was lovely. Was the recipe posted on here correct without the baking powder!
Caramello Brownie
"Easy to make, and awfully good, lovers of the chocolate caramel combo will go weak at the knees. Serve cold as a sweet treat or warmed with ice cream as an after dinner delight.
150 g butter
3 eggs
1 ½ cups sugar
150 g dark chocolate
¼ cup cocoa
¾ cup flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
For the caramel
55 g butter
3/4 cup condensed milk
1 tbsp golden syrup
Preheat oven to 180°
Line a sponge roll tin with non stick baking paper.
In a medium saucepan melt 150 g butter. Stir in the sugar then remove from the heat and add the chocolate and vanilla. Beat in the eggs one at a time then sift in the flour and cocoa mixing well after each addition.
In a small saucepan melt the 55 g butter with the condensed milk and syrup. When melted and combined remove from the heat and pour into a jug.
Pour some of the chocolate mixture into a greased sponge roll tin then alternately pour in some of the caramel mixture, so the two are randomly spread about the tin. Use a meat skewer to swirl the caramel into the chocolate mix.
Bake at 180° for around 30 minutes. A knife inserted into the cake should come out clean but the texture should still be slightly fudgey. Allow to cool before cutting."

karlp2, Oct 19, 9:07pm
Hi, I havn't made the Caramello brownie recipe above but would love your really good chocolate brownie recipe, I am still trying to find a nice one. Are yoble to post your recipe please, thanks :-)

lodgelocum, Oct 19, 11:06pm
I never use baking powder in my choc brownie recipe.

gardie, Oct 19, 11:13pm
Same, however I'm guessing the heaviness of the caramel bit stops the chocolate from rising as it should.

dibble35, Oct 20, 3:51am
You're in luck, I can never be bothered typing them out LOL but i've talked my nephew into typing it out for me.

Double Chocolate Fudge Brownies
250g chocolate melts
2 cups castor sugar
4 eggs
1tsp vanilla essence
1cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup cocoa
extra 150g of chocolate melts
icing sugar to sprinkle on the top

Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C spray of line a sponge roll tin.Melt the first measure of chocolate, beat the castor sugar, eggs and vanilla with electric beater.Add the melted chocolate, flour, baking powder and cocoa.Stir in the extra chopped chocolate.Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 50 minutes until firm.(Just check earlier as mine never takes 50 minutes, mind you my ovenn is pretty buggered.)Cool in the tin and cut into small bars.Dust with icing sugar to serve. Enjoy!

karlp2, Oct 21, 4:55am
thank you so much, i love how nice and easy it looks :-) I can't wait to ma
ke it!