HONEY.

carlosjackal, Oct 14, 12:08am
How do you prevent honey from going hard and crystalised! Is there a way to store honey to avoid this happening - I assume the cooler temperatures of Autumn and Winter cause this to happen.

kitj1, Oct 14, 12:13am
just heat it gently to reduce the granulation

carlosjackal, Oct 14, 12:17am
Thanks, but is there some way of storing honey so that this doesn't happen - obviously a warm-ish place.mmmm

wheelz, Oct 14, 12:26am
Never had honey do that on me. Been in the cupboard too long! Buy a smaller potted! Store in hot water cupboard!

elsielaurie1, Oct 14, 1:57am
Honey never lasts long enough in our household for that to happen.

buzzy110, Oct 14, 4:40am
I buy raw honey. That seems to last OK.

uli, Oct 14, 4:47am
Raw honey with high pollen content will crystallize fast, and cold temperatures also cause crystals, all honey will do that at some point, some types of honey faster than others.

http://brookfieldfarmhoney.wordpress.com/2010/12/14/why-does-honey-crystallize/

griffo4, Oct 14, 5:34am
my honey direct from my hives crystallises especially clover honey it is what honey does and it is still perfectly good to eat
l put mine in the hot water cupboard to soften it up to use

carlosjackal, Oct 14, 5:42am
Unfortunately we don't have a hot water cupboard - our hot water is on gas so will just heat it up on the hob whenever I notice it crystalising. Thanks all.

daisyhill, Oct 14, 6:17am
I chuck the whole bottle in the microwave when that happens! Our kitchen can get very cold in winter so even the runny honey turns sugary sometimes.

camper18, Oct 14, 8:58pm
In the m/w is fine