Annabel Langbein.

Page 1 / 2
icequeen2, Oct 14, 2:51am
Hi, has anyone got the recipe for the calorific slice on last nights program!

mercartin, Oct 14, 3:08am
I only saw it at the end but it looked similar to this. I make it for very special occasions as a small slice will require a 1 hour workout. It is so divine though.
http://www.thatslife.com.au/Article/Food/Recipes/Caramel-Choc-Pecan-Slice

bluecalico, Oct 14, 3:31am
Called Magic Slice or Rosies slice.been round for years.check out some of your cookbooks!

badams1, Oct 14, 3:34am
here it is , 150g melted butter, pkt and a half choc biscuits,2 tab cocoa, all into whizzPress into tin cover with slithered almonds cocont cranberries and a cup of chopped up chocolate pour over this a can of condensed milk bake 160 degrees for 20 minutes.

icequeen2, Oct 14, 3:43am
Awesome, thanks guys :)

chatsmom, Oct 14, 3:53am
I use chopped apricots instead of cranberries.

rebecca18, Oct 14, 3:59am
A friend was here earlier today and we watched the programme online, she copied down the recipe, why don't you go to the TVNZ website and watch, it was the first recipe.

petal1955, Oct 14, 5:37am

kiwiscrapper1, Oct 14, 7:47am
It is an old recipe, I have made it before usually at christmas its so rich and delish! But I am pleased annabel made it last night as I now want to make it and cant fine my recipe, you can really put anything you like as the toppingand I dont think I used choco bis as the base, gingernuts are nice.

kiwiscrapper1, Oct 14, 7:49am
should have read this first, I know it as magic slice :-)

village.green, Oct 14, 7:42pm
We made it a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was going to be very sickly, surprisingly it wasn't and very good.
Choconut Slice I think it was called.

tigra, Oct 14, 7:46pm
Lots of her recipes are oldies but goodies.

gardie, Oct 15, 5:29am
Yeh, but I think she should give credit and say something like I've adapted this recipe from one I found.I found this recipe called Magic slice put out by Nestles - for the chocolate bits and condensed milk.I always change it (just like Annabel) depending on what flavours I want and what I have in the cupboard.

kay141, Oct 15, 6:29am
I have tried it with no nuts and coconut but added crystallised ginger and a variety of dried fruit. Still was very good.

carlosjackal, Oct 15, 10:34pm
Why don't people who ask for recipes from Annabel langbein's cookbook/s to be posted here, just go out and buy the bl***dy book! Unbelievable!

uli, Oct 15, 10:38pm
I always wonder why people think the baking paper will stick to the baking tin: ". Grease the base and sides of a 20 x 30cm brownie pan and line with baking paper."

davidt4, Oct 15, 10:50pm
I think the greasing of the tin is actually to get the baking paper to stick to the tin while you pour the cake batter in.I've never done it.

pickles7, Oct 15, 11:04pm
save a tree.
tin glide
melt 4ozs of fat add 1oz of vege oil, stir in 2 ozs flour. mix well. keep out of the fridge, in a cool place. You may need to melt and stir a bit to use.
paint on with a pastry brush

no need to use paper.

maynard9, Oct 16, 12:59am
Yep - must admit I agree with you.

I think she is incredibly generous to give the complete recipes on not only the programme but also on her website.If you miss it on tv you can watch it "On Demand".

I notice some chefs/cooks don't always give all the measurements.

As soon as I saw there was going to be another series I thought "here we go again - requests for recipes.'.

By the time you add up all the ones on the programme, then the website ones and others given out on forums like this one you pretty much have the book recopied and I just don't think that is a fair way to treat our authors.

It's not necessarily a $ thing as I am sure she is a reasonably wealthy woman and good on her - but I see it more as a respect thing.

Just my opinion

Xmas is coming up - put it on your request list.

bluecalico, Oct 16, 2:43am
That is why she can be generous giving the recipes out because they are not her own.She just copies other peoples and claims them as her own.This is well known.

wildflower, Oct 16, 2:48am
Sometimes it may only be one or two recipes a person would like and it would be very expensive to buy every cook book that you only want one recipe out of.We're not all made of money.That's the beauty of this message board and the generous people on it.

uli, Oct 16, 3:56am
There is always a library too .

carlosjackal, Oct 16, 5:31am
Annabel does NOT "just copy other peoples and claims them as her own" - her recipes are ADAPTIONS of the originals and some recipes she can (and does) claim as her own.because some of them are.

elliehen, Oct 16, 8:36am
Please don't shed tears for authors of cookbooks.If you want to weep, cry for NZ writers of novels and other genres (excluding ghost-written sports books!)

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm!c_id=6&objectid=10818405

taurushat, Oct 20, 6:12am
Nobody owns a recipe.end of story!