Lemon Curd muffin recipe?

wild-at-heart, Apr 19, 6:40am
Does anyone have a yummy lemon curd muffin recipe? i buy these muffins from countdown and they are delish! They have lemon curd in the middle and this like crunchy crumbly stuff on the top!

lilyfield, Apr 19, 6:59am
just use a standard muffin recipe and put a spoon of lemon curd or lemon butter in the middle. Top is sprinkled with sugar to make it crumbly

wild-at-heart, Apr 19, 7:12am
thanks, :o) is the sugar sprinkled on top when you first put them in the muffin tin? you wouldn't happen to have a good muffin recipe would you? All mine are doughy as and not all fluffy

firefly001, Apr 19, 7:30am
x1
I've got the Alison Holst muffin book and she has a recipe for crunchy lemon muffins:

2 cups SR flour
3/4 cups sugar

75 gms butter
1 cup milk
1 egg
grated rind of 1 large or 2 small lemons

1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar

measure flour and sugar into a bowl and toss to mix. Melt the butter, add the milk, egg and lemon rind and beat well with a fork to combine. Add the liquids to the dry ingredients and combine only until the dry ingredients have been lightly dampened but not thoroughly mixed. Divide the mixture evenly between 12 med sized muffin pans well coated with Chef mate. Bake at 200 C for 10 minutes. Stir together the lemon juice and sugar without dissolving the sugar and drizzle this over the hot muffins as soon as they are removed from the oven. Leave to stand in the pans only for a few minutes after this, in case the syrup hardens as it cools and sticks the muffins to the pans. If this happens, it may be necessary to use a knife to lever the muffins from the pan. Take care not to damage the pan's non stick finish.

And she says serve with lightly whipped cream and fresh fruit berries.

firefly001, Apr 19, 7:40am
Umm if your recipes are all doughy it may be the cook! (no offence intended cos we have made many many hockey pucks in this house! but the kids still ate them). Alison says mix all the dry ingredients with a sieve or fork but do it really well so they are light and airy. Mix the liquids the easiest way, if you need melted butter, do it in a microwave or pot then add the other liquids and the egg and mix. Try to end up with a room temperature mixture. And when you combine, fold together with as little mixing as possible - stop while the mixture still looks rough and lumpy. Bake at a high temperature. Another lady I know likes to add 20 degrees as she doesn't have a fan oven and thinks it's important to get a good crust happening.

calista, Feb 15, 3:57pm
I made the crunchy lemon muffins last week when I was visiting my Dad. He really enjoyed them and they weren't hard to make (I usually don't like using someone elses oven). I didn't have a pastry brush so I dipped a paper towel in the mixture and smeared it over the muffins. They really do end up with a crunchy top.