Lemon Meringue Pie

minfo, Oct 14, 8:46am
Do any of you kind people have a nice easy recipe for Lemon Meringue Pie. Much appreciated.

shellz213, Oct 14, 9:25am
I have a nice and easy lemon meringue pie which has a biscuit base rather than a pastry base.Happy to type out the recipe for you if you're interested in this type of pie.

holly-rocks, Oct 14, 10:35am
I make this all the time and its sooo easy. I use 5 lemons though as i dont find it lemon-ey enough and just use bought sweet pastry ~ http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/my-favourite-lemon-meringue-pie-1140

tinkagirl, Oct 14, 6:47pm
good old fashion Edmonds cook book is the best one

minfo, Oct 14, 11:18pm
"shellz213" could you kindly type out your recipe as would love to try a biscuit base one please.
Also thanks to "tinkagirl" but don't have Edmonds Cookbook - guess I could ask at our local library.
"holly-rocks" - thankyou for your link to Nigella's lemon meringue, used to love watching Nigella on television demonstrating her recipes.

golfr, Oct 15, 3:23am
Havent had a chance to try this yet as now Hubby is on a diet. This was supposed to be a nice easy one for me to try. Hope it works.
Lemon Meringue Pie
1 pie base
1 can highlander condensed milk
1/2 c lemon juice
2 eggs seperated
1/2 c sugar

mix milk, juice and yolks - pour into cooked base. beat whites with sugar thick meringue - pour on top then pop in the oven for about 30 mins or until browned 180deg

gardie, Oct 15, 5:23am
This is the best lemon meringue pie recipe I have ever tried.I love the creaminess of the filling.Make sure the lemons are really ripe - green lemons stop the filling from setting.

minfo, Oct 15, 10:01am
Thanks "golfr" and "gardie" for your recipe and your tips.

lynja, Oct 15, 6:40pm
i would like to make some inl mini muffin tins, has anyone done this!

lawz_21, Oct 16, 8:37pm
Just a silly question can you buy the pie base just in the chiller section at the supermarket! cant say i have ever looked

wheelz, Oct 16, 10:56pm
Depends on your taste. I don't care for over sweet puddings, so I avoid ones with sickly condensed milk in them. I make mine with a lemon or lime curd type filling with cornflour to thicken and set it up. My base is not sweetened either.