Ralta Crockpot - Instructions

sennytar, Apr 19, 5:26am
x2
I have inherited a ralta crockpot which I would love to use. Mine has a low or high setting. I tried corned beef last week and had it on low for 8 hours and it wasn't even cooked. Can anyone tell me the basics of how to use it? Have hunted for instruction booklet on the internet but didn't find any. Any advice appreciated :)

245sam, Apr 19, 5:48am
sennytar, how big was your piece of corned beef? I have a Sunbeam crockpot in which I very successfully cook corned beef/silverside on low, basing the time on 8-10 hours for a 1. 5 Kg piece of meat.
Ralta crockpots were the predecessors to the Sunbeam crockpots so if you can source a manual for one of those it should help you with the basics but there are some very good N. Z. crockpot books available e. g. by Joan Bishop and/or Alison and Simon Holst - have a look on TM where there's very likely to be one/some available, otherwise you should find them in any book store or at yourlocal library if you have one nearby.

Hope that helps. :-))

Hope that helps.

fifie, Apr 19, 7:20am
sennytar, my C/Pot is a Ralta which i have had for around 20 years. When i do C/Beef, Silverside its usually a good size piece. I wash it well with cold water getting rid of the salty brine, stick it in C/Pot top right up with Boiling Water add any other goodies your putting in lid on and turn on to high for about 8 hrs, turning once, only cause i'm home and its nice and tender. Hope this helps. My understanding is new slow cookers cook slightly hotter and faster than the ralta so maybe thats why you had the problem. Have the ralta manual somewhere will have a look to see if i can find it to see what it suggests for you.

fifie, Apr 19, 7:41am
Hi again found the manual sennytar for corned beef it says to barely cover with water and cook on auto for 10-12 hours. When on auto it starts off on high till it reaches the required temperature then flicks over to low. Strongly suggest as 245sam says get those 2 books they are great, just remember it will take a bit longer in your ralta one. http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewforum. php? f=10&sid=245290
fe377ec1d3bd028d70f2153299 for heaps of recipes my C/pot dosent leave the bench in winter lol, lots of goodies get cooked in it.

sennytar, Apr 19, 8:29am
Thanks for the tips - must get some books as suggested :)

buddynz1, Apr 20, 5:09am
the recipie from a ralta crockpot book
http://images. trademe.co.nz/photoserver/45/127634745_full. jp
g

cottagerose, Apr 20, 8:56am
x1
Alison and Simon Holst red crockpot cookbook is a good one
Its sold at the warehouse

wetwillie1, Apr 25, 11:55pm
I have the old Ralta and also two other fairly new models, I prefer the Ralta, I just usually put on the high setting rather than the low setting as the ralta cooks a bit slower I have found. The only pain with the ralta is no warm setting.

books4nz, Apr 26, 2:35am
x1
Hi - is this what you're looking for? Listing #: 286119114

doug57, Apr 26, 5:11am
Hey there. . I've got an old ralta as well, I only use the high setting now, I think the low one has simply given up the ghost [so to speak! ]

rainrain1, Apr 26, 5:38am
x1
I have one of those... . turn to high, not low, and go shopping for a few hours

duckmoon, Apr 26, 8:03am
try this website
http://www.crock-pot.com/CustomerService. aspx? id=man

I find that if I google
*product name* instruction manual.
I can usually find the instruction manual. Which was very helpful when I lost my bread maker recipe book! ! !

guest, May 4, 12:05am
x1
hey i am always needing something to cook in mine as well for about 8 hours on auto or 8 hours on high. when i tried stew on the higher setting it was nearly torched within 8 hours and i am scared ill get home tonight and it will not be done seeing as i have it on auto or the lower setting???? Mine was a hand me down and I am very greatful, but was unsure if that was a keep warm like setting or just a very ultra low cook setting?????

sugar_tooth, Jan 17, 7:53pm
I have a Ralta Crock-pot and I need to cook a whole chicken in it, size 24, I think its 2.3kg and I am not sure how long I will need to cook it for? I have the choice to put it on hight or low, which would be best? Can anyone help?

guest, Jul 14, 2:24am
I think you have all missed the point. The question appears to be which way do you push the switch/lever is it down or up for the setting. Our user book does not have any reference to which way is which and that it where the problem arises. By experimenting we have determined that the side on which the switch is up (our out) is the side that is on the active setting.

Hope that helps

kat, Apr 26, 9:35am
I have had my ralta crock now for 30 years.still going strong.a crack has started in the boal last year.use it weekly . love. It