Brownie Recipe.

bexta021, Oct 13, 7:32pm
Does anyone have a really lovely brownie recipe that freezes well.

kiwitel, Oct 13, 7:38pm
Extravagant- but very delicious! It makes about 50- recipe goes a long way. Made them for christmas treats to go with presents and were amazing.

http://nzfavouriterecipe.co.nz/recipes/desserts/349-the-ultimate-chocolate-brownie-with-raspberries-if-youre-feeling-extra-flashy

bridget107, Oct 14, 12:07am

bexta021, Oct 14, 8:15am
Kiwitel, i can't seem to connect to this website!! Thanks bridget107.

kiwitel, Oct 15, 2:34am
It works when I click on it. Odd. Maybe right click on the link and click - open in new tab or copy and paste it in the address bar at the top. It is very delicious!

bisloy, Oct 15, 8:04am
Mine is basic - just cook 'til you think it's almost done; just set around the edges and the middle no longer looks damp.
2 1/2 cups sugar, 250g butter and 1 cup cocoa in a pot and melt together. Take off the ehat and beat in 2t vanilla essence and 4 eggs. Stir through 1 1/2 cups flour and 2t baking powder and mix until smooth. Pour into a lined slice tin and bake at 160C until the middle no longer wobbles and doesn't look damp. Comes out nice and fudgy as long as you don't over cook.
Mix through white choc, macadamias, berries, choc drops/bits, nuts, whatever - it tastes great.
I suppose it freezes fine - mine occasionally gets to cool.

kiwitel, Oct 15, 8:30am
The ultimate chocolate brownie. Copied off the website: NZ's favourite recipe.
320g butter, melted
1 1/4 cups cocoa
7 eggs
3 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/2 - 2 cups chocolate chips/drops (dark is best)
1 1/4 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
Frozen/fresh raspberries (optional)
Icing sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 160C.
Line a large baking tin/roasting dish (I use a 24x34cm rectangle dish)
Melt the butter in a large bowl (there's lots of ingredients to fit in here) in the microwave, or in a large saucepan on the stove.
Using an electric mixer, beat cocoa into melted butter.
Add eggs, sugar, and vanilla, and whiz with electric mixer for 3-4 mins until the mixture begins to whip up in volume (about double).
Using a wooden spoon/rubber spatula, mix in the chocolate chips/drops.
Sift flour and baking powder in; stir until fully combined.
Pour into lined baking tin; give it a gentle shake to even out the mixture.
If using raspberries, dot these evenly on top of the mixture, gently pushing them just under the surface.
Bake in oven at 160C for about 1 hour, until an inserted skewer comes clean.
Leave to cool in tin for about 10 mins, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool further.
If you want to make them look extra fancy, sift icing sugar over the top.
Enjoy warm, cold, with some whipped cream, with some hot coffee, or even with a sneaky wine!
Amount Cooking Time Prep Time
approx 50 brownies about 1 hour 15-20 mins

bexta021, Oct 15, 8:52am
Wonderful thanks everyone so much.

bisloy, Oct 17, 8:13am
What did you end up making!