Easy smoked fish pie recipes please

spangey1, Oct 7, 11:21pm
is it just smoked fish flaked into white sauce with boiled eggs and parsley, topped with mash and cheese!

daisyhill, Oct 7, 11:35pm
Here ya go, courtesy of Jamie Oliver. I haven't tried this myself as my husband doesn't like the smell of fish cooking in the house, but my friends have tried it and rave about how good it is.
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fish-recipes/fish-pie

spangey1, Oct 7, 11:50pm
Thanks daisyhill

chatsmom, Oct 8, 2:30am
There's some good recipes in this month's Taste magazine.

asue, Oct 8, 2:45am
I had no luck opening Jamie Oliver website - any chance you could copy and paste please! TIA

daisyhill, Oct 8, 3:09am
ingredients

• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1kg potatoes
• 1 carrot
• 2 sticks of celery
• 150g good Cheddar cheese
• 1 lemon
• ½ a fresh red chilli
• 4 sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 300g salmon fillets, skin off and bones removed
• 300g undyed smoked haddock fillets, skin off and bones removed
• 125g king prawns, raw, peeled
• olive oil
• optional: a good handful of spinach, chopped
• optional: a couple of ripe tomatoes, quartered

servings
4 - 6

method

This is a fantastically simple fish pie which doesn’t involve poaching the fish or making a tedious white sauce. Loads of good, fragrant veg are added quickly by grating them in. You can use whatever fish you like, making this as luxurious as you want it to be. If you like your fish pie to be creamy, feel free to add a few tablespoons of crème fraîche to the fish.
PS Some of the supermarkets now offer lovely packs of different fish and shellfish for using in fish pies. Keep a look-out, and if you buy one you want it to be about 700–750g in weight for this recipe.

To prepare your fish pie
• Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 and bring a large pan of salted water to the boil
• Peel the potatoes and cut into 2cm chunks
• Once the water is boiling, add your potatoes and cook for around 12 minutes, until soft (you can stick your knife into them to check)
• Meanwhile, get yourself a deep baking tray or earthenware dish and stand a box grater in it
• Peel the carrot
• Grate the celery, carrot and Cheddar on the coarse side of the grater
• Use the fine side of the grater to grate the zest from the lemon
• Finely grate or chop your chilli
• Finely chop the parsley leaves and stalks and add these to the tray

To cook and serve your fish pie
• Cut the salmon and smoked haddock into bite-size chunks and add to the tray with the prawns
• Squeeze over the juice from the zested lemon (no pips please!), drizzle with olive oil and add a good pinch of salt and pepper
• If you want to add any spinach or tomatoes, do it now
• Mix everything together really well
• By now your potatoes should be cooked, so drain them in a colander and return them to the pan
• Drizzle with a couple of good lugs of olive oil and add a pinch of salt and pepper
• Mash until nice and smooth, then spread evenly over the top of the fish and grated veg
• Place in the preheated oven for around 40 minutes, or until cooked through, crispy and golden on top
• Serve piping hot with tomato ketchup, baked beans, steamed veg or a lovely green salad

asue, Oct 8, 3:34am
oh thanks so much - yum