This weeks menu ...

darlingmole, Feb 6, 10:01pm
Sun: Huge roast mutton, macaroni cheese and salad
Mon: Cold cut mutton, chips and salad
Tue: Curried mutten (I did mention it was HUGE? ! )
Wed: Baked beans, eggs, tomatoes, mushroom and toast
Thu: Tuna fish bake with salad
Fri: Do it yourself
Sat: quiche, salad and chips
Sun: Roast whatevers-on-special this week!

Yes I still "meal-plan" to keep costs down and be organised.

What's everone else having? ...

fisher, Feb 6, 10:37pm
Darlingmole... Your Wednesday mushrooms. . try this. .
Twist out the centres of larger mushrooms ( save to add flavour to a green salad after you slice off the bad end) and sprinkle in a tiny bit of periperi and masterfoods onion salt. . When its serving time. . add a little olive oil and put under the grill till they change colour and the olive oil is bubbling inside. . will be just like having steak on the side :}}

doug57, Feb 6, 11:53pm
Sun: home made pork meatballs/patties with creamed cauli, brocolli and beans.
Mon: Sirloin steak, huge green salad
Tues: Roast chicken, cooled roasted veggies [not potato ;0] drizzled with garlic mayo
Wed:Beef lasagne made with layers of eggplant and pumpkin [to replace pasta] with salad
Thurs: omelette stuffed with eggplant, tomatoes, courgette, red onion, salami and tasty cheese
Fri: Chicken curry [either Butter chicken or Thai red depending what I feel like on the day] with rice or 'cauli-rice' and steamed brocolli
Sat: ? dunno!

These meals may not get done on the day planned, but they are on the cards for this week! lol

mumto3, Feb 7, 12:01am
Sun - roast pork, potato bake and green salad

Mon - kids have sausage sizzle at sports followed by fruit/raw veg when they get home

Tues - pork rissoles with sesame rice, steamed brocolli and carrots

Wed - nachos

Thurs - beef and vegetable stirfry with noodles or rice

Fri - homemade fish cakes with salad and buns

Sat - butter chicken with garlic naan

sapphirez, Feb 7, 12:03am
I wish i could be that organized! I need to start meal planning badly but find it hard. I am feeling hungry already reading your menus!

darlingmole, Feb 7, 2:51am
fisher that recipe sounds awesome - thanks for sharing ;-)

mumto3, Feb 7, 6:39pm
anyone else care to share

davidt4, Feb 7, 6:43pm
I never know what we're having for dinner until I get home from work and find what has been harvested from the garden that day, and what kind of meat, fish, fresh noodles or whatever my husband might have brought home. It's a bit like "the invention test" every day and it certainly keeps me on my toes.

goldgurl, Feb 7, 6:52pm
Here's our menu...

Mon: Chicken Wings - not sure what I'll make... maybea sweet sticky sauce and grill them?

Tue: Bacon & Egg pies with mashed potatoes

Wed: Mince - prolly made into a spicey mix, then make roti bread thingies to eat it with...

Thurs: Pork Chops and Potato bake

Fri: Home made burgers and hot chips.

Sat: depends on if the kids are home - they usually always spend the weekends at their grandparents place...

Sun: Always have sunday lunch at the inlaws, they always have MORE than enough food for all of us that turn up, and it's always a real FEAST, BUT I am the head chef lol. So while they're at church, I'm at their house doing all the cooking - suits me :)

EDIT:have left out the basic salad and veges that we have each night - cos it depends what the day's like, if it's hot we'll have a salad, if it's cooler we prefer steamed vege. Some nights we have garlic bread with our meals. Everynight we have either rice or potatoes.

Then to really confuse things, I usually know what type of meat we'll be having each night, but I don't decide on how to cook it until I come to cook it - I'm just as fussy as the kids lol.

fisher, Feb 7, 7:16pm
davidt4... I'm the same. . wander down to the freezer for the meat. . look up and down, think about what fresh veges we have to enhance the meal. . make a choice. . change my mind... ask Kathy what she would like. . get the standard answer. . "I dont know, you choose". . change my mind. . and usually come away with something completely different from what I went down to get. . many a time Kathy has gone to work and comes home to something completely different from what I said we were going to have. . makes dinner real interesting. . :}

smchkn, Feb 8, 12:21am
So far

Steak and salad

hot roast lamb and roast veggies

cold roast lamb and salad veggies

fish and salad

savoury mince

jaybee2003, Feb 8, 7:32am
Hey Fisher! , We were saying tonight it's about time you two came down this way! Much overdue!

We had THE most delicious dinner tonight. Everything on the plate was grown here. Lamb shanks [killed last week and not frozen] done your way: mint, honey, bsugar, soy, ginger;potato and butternut pumpkin mash with loads of butter, with halved raw super 100 tomatoes stirred through, lid on and left to soften in the mash heat while the meat sat, with green and yellow beans. Talk about tastes going together. It was divine!

I still haven't been able to grow those super 100's to the size of yours yet. One of these days though I'll give you a run for yer money! :-D

lythande1, Feb 8, 8:01am
I sure don't decide ahead of time whats on the menu all week. Depends what I fell like.
Last week, made raviolis with mushroom cream sauce,
Creole Lamb, chicken Parmigiana, sausage pie, casserole with stewing steak, chicken nibbles with salad from the garden, minestrone with homemade bread.

cgvl, Feb 8, 8:31am
mine so far has been:
sun roast chicken, potatoes, kumara, pumpkin and beans
Mon stir fried left over chicken, with carrots, cabbage, cauli, broccoli, celery, onion, peppers and noodles in a honey and soy sauce.
Wed not sure toss up between steak and salad and meatballs
thurs will be the one we didn't have wed night
fri homemade hamburgers on a bun with salad
sat bacon and egg pie.
and no I'm not usually that organised, more like Fisher, look in freezer but can't decide, change my mind a dozen times and have something completely different to what was intended.

clemo, Feb 8, 9:01am
Ours is:
Mon. . Beef mince and salad wraps
Tues. . Chicken & Veg udon noodles
Wed... Beef and Pumpkin Lasagne with salad greens
Thurs... Thai beef and noodle salad
Fri... Smoked chicken pizza (made with wholemeal pita)
Sat. . Barbie at Aunties
Sun... Mac cheese with prosciutto

All from my trusty Weight Watchers cook books!

winnie231, Feb 8, 9:11am
So far here it's ...
Mon: hogget leg in the slow cooker
Tue: leftover hogget leg from the slow cooker
Wed, Thurs, Fri, ... a bit like fishers ... I'll see what waves at me when I open the freezer :)

alebix, Feb 8, 9:21am
Monday- chicken kebabs, potatoes, brocolli, mixed vege.
Tuesday- Mince and pasta
Wednesday- roast chicken
Thursday- homemade pizza
Friday- ? ? ?
Saturday- BBQ birthday for my mum
Sunday- Leftovers from party.

miss_vampy, Aug 2, 4:12am
It's great to see so many people have weekly meal plans. Wish I was in charge of our kitchen area so I could do this. ><