Cream cheese frosting for cupcakes

sarahb5, Oct 1, 10:58pm
I have googled but find personal recommendations from here are often more helpful so does anyone have a goodie - our local cupcake baker uses a cream cheese frosting that has condensed milk in it but she doesn't want to share with me!

geldof, Oct 1, 11:23pm
I had never heard of it.
Makes sense to use caramel condensed milk and cream cheese. - Yum.
Found this one, although the picture makes the frosting look quite soft.
http://www.cupcakedaydreams.com/blog/2011/06/15/chocolate-chip-cupcakes-with-milk-frosting/

sarahb5, Oct 1, 11:35pm
Thanks - that's one I didn't find on google

245sam, Oct 1, 11:45pm
sarahb5, did you find the frosting on this link:

http://tvnz.co.nz/good-morning/tamara-jane-s-valentine-day-baking-recipes-11-february-3358769 That frosting is cream cheese, white chocolate and butter.
I also have another of Tamara Jane's recipes (personally untried) for Cream Cheese Frosting - it is butter, cream cheese, lemon icing sugar.I'll post the full recipe if you're interested in that one.

Just in case you don't already know Tamara Jane has the cupcake shop "Tempt" ( http://www.tempt.net.nz/ ) which is in the Old BNZ Building on Wellington's Lambton Quay.:-))

sarahb5, Oct 2, 12:04am
I don't like white chocolate but the cream cheese frosting recipes I found don't have condensed milk in them.My daughter has bought cupcakes at Tempt (they are very expensive by comparison with the ones we buy here in NP although beautifully decorated)

geldof, Oct 2, 12:07am
Most of the ones I googled had something called 'cool whip' in them.

sarahb5, Oct 2, 12:22am
I only google for New Zealand recipes so that I know I can get all the ingredients

245sam, Oct 2, 12:47am
I agree re the Tempt cakes being very expensive but beautifully decorated however they do make a really special treat - they're out of my reach anyway because we're here in Christchurch but our daughter works in Wellington.

Would you like Tamara Jane's no-white chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting recipe!I'm wondering if you'd like to experiment and maybe use the sweetened condensed milk instead of all/part of the recipe's butter - you'd probably need to increase the lemon juice quantity to counteract the sweetness from the sweetened condensed milk but I understand that the scm + the lemon juice, especially the extra quantity of it, would assist with the setting of the frosting which the butter, would of course do if used.:-))

Edited to add that I did find a recipe, not a NZ one, that used sweetened condensed milk and it had no butter BUT it used thawed non-dairy whipped topping (whatever that is and it's probably not available here in NZ):-))

sarahb5, Oct 2, 12:50am
Yes please - sorry, meant to say that before .

245sam, Oct 2, 12:54am
No worries, here you are.

Tamara Jane's CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
125g unsalted butter, softened
400g cream cheese, softened
2 tsp lemon juice
6 cups icing sugar, sifted

Cream the butter for 1-2 minutes.Add the cream cheese, lemon juice and half of the sifted icing sugar, and beat for 3 minutes or until the mixture is light and fluffy.Gradually add the remaining icing sugar and beat until the mixture is light and of a spreadable consistency.
You can use the frosting immediately or store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.:-))