Banana choc chip muffins

tjman, Oct 2, 12:41am
Hi all,can anyone give me a recipe for the above muffins.I have one that uses milk that is soured with a tsp of lemon jiuce.Straight from the oven they are nice, but turn a bit rubbery when cold.
Thanks

sarahb5, Oct 2, 12:57am
If your recipe uses butter then try using oil instead

245sam, Oct 2, 1:03am
Alison Holst’s CHOCOLATE AND BANANA MUFFINS
2 cups self-raising flour
½ cup each ofcaster sugarandchocolate chips
½ tsp salt
100g butter
1 cup milk
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup (2-3) mashed bananas

With a fork, stir together in a large bowl the flour, caster sugar, chocolate chips and salt.
In another container, melt the butter, remove from the heat, then add the milk, egg and vanilla and beat well.
Mash and measure the bananas and stir them into the liquid.Tip all the liquid mixture into the bowl with the dry mixture.Fold everything together carefully until all the flour is dampened, stopping before the mixture is smooth.
Spray 12 medium muffin pans with Chef Mate non-stick spray.Put about ¼ cup of mixture into each cup.
Bake at220°Cfor12-15 minutes, until muffins spring back when pressed in the centre.:-))

sarahb5, Oct 2, 1:10am
That's the recipe I use but I use oil instead and find they keep better

shelleigh, Oct 2, 1:11am
I also use that recipe and find they go stale after two days so will use oil next itme - thank you for that sarahb5 :)

245sam, Oct 2, 1:19am
I have never bothered to keep the muffins unless they're in the freezer - we eat and enjoy when freshly baked, and freeze the rest asap to maintain their freshness.:-))

tjman, Oct 2, 1:23am
Thanks all for advice and recipes.And I'll use oil next time too.Cheers

sarahb5, Oct 2, 1:25am
I only bake for lunch boxes these days so if I use oil they will keep for the 5 necessary days

southerngurl, Oct 2, 4:19am
I just made Nanna and Choc chips Muffins. They never last long enough to go stale. Heres the recipe I used
The Muffin Book
Banana and Choc Chip Muffins

2Cups self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 sugar
1 cup choc chips (I use dark choc)
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup melted butter
2 mashed medium bananas

Preheat Oven to 200*C, grease 12 muffins cups or line with paper (I use silicon muffin cases so dont do any of the above)
In a large mixing bowl sift self raising flour and baking soda, stir in sugar and half of choc chips. Make a well in the centre.
In a small bowlcombine eggs, milk, butter and mashed bananas. Add to flour mixture, stir until you get a lumpy batter.

Spoon into muffin cups till 2/3 full. Sprinkle with rest of choc chips
Bake until golden brown (15-20 mins) Test with skewer to see if cooked, and take out and rest on wire rack till cool.

dibble35, Oct 2, 6:03am
Yep this is the recipe I use and i must say they make beautiful muffins, really tasty. I tend to freeze them the same day i make them and put one in the lunchbox every morning, defrosted by morning tea and fresh as. I've been using the Sun Valley dark choc drops/chips, thats the only thing i've changed over the years but the muffins seem a lot nicer than before.

holly-rocks, Oct 2, 6:37am
Humm yumm Banana choc chip muffins, havnt had one in years!
My Mum used to put abit of brown sugar, cinnamon and chopped walnuts on top, they were delish : )