CHICKEN TENDERLOINS.

devalois, Sep 29, 11:17pm
A friend recommended these and they are AWESOME! I did the first lot in milk then PANKO breadcrumbs, but have since bought some buttermilk, and the Martha Stewart recipe book I treated my self to, has a lovely sounding recipe with buttermilk, mustard powder and a bit of cayenne. Has anyone tried this! Any other ideas! They are hard to find in small twon Taranaki, too.

rarogal, Oct 2, 2:33am
Yes, we have tenderloins a lot, I use any coarse breadcrumb and very finely grated lemon rind and a tiny pinch of ginger, as one variety.

theanimal1, Oct 2, 3:33am
Coat n cook, is nice with these as well

kirmag, Oct 2, 3:36am
And those stuffing mixes - think it's Gregg's like coat n cook yummy flavours.

daisyhill, Oct 2, 8:33am
Are tenderloins the same thing as goujons! Strips of chicken breast dipped in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs, and then fried or baked!

shop-a-holic, Oct 2, 10:01am
If you use them raw, with a cold pre-made roux/sauce of dry-fried mushrooms; panfried pancetta or english lardons; leeks, reduced with sauvignon blanc, add cream and fresh thyme cracked pepper - then you have the best fresh chicken pie filling in the world.

Seriously.too good.

shop-a-holic, Oct 2, 10:12am
The chicken tenderloin is an actual muscle, attached under the breast and it lies horizontally to the breast bone; but vertically under the top breast muscle.The top muscle is the one that dries out first when cooking a breast of chicken.

The tenderloin, also contains a fibrous connective tissue strip. This is to attach it to the top of breast and right under the shoulder (wing).And it is also coated in a membrane protecting it from the bone and the rest of the breast.It is adviseable to cut the sinew off.

Tenderloins are packaged and offered for sale, as butchers separate the two muscles, primarily to offer the customer chicken schnitzel which is cut from the top and larger part of the breast.

It requires very little cooking time; and best underdown before allowing to rest. Contains no fat.

daisyhill, Oct 2, 10:26am
Huh. This is all news to me. Thank you for the education :D

macwood2, Oct 2, 7:08pm
devalois would you mind writing the Martha Stewart recipe out in full for me please!TIA