Julia's Lemon Syrup Cake

I am unable to find recipe for Julia's (Masterchef) lemon syrup cake, any help please,thanks

Chef_jayc14, Sep 30, 8:38 pm

I have looked and can not find the recipe either.

Chef_marcs, Oct 2, 12:18 am

thanks Marc,I will try again, don't know where else to look really.There is usually someone on TM who can find these things, thanks anyway

Chef_jayc14, Oct 2, 11:32 am

Here is Julia's new website. She has only 3 recipes up right now, and sadly not this cake. But you might be able to contact her from here.
And she now works at Zumbo's.

http://juliataylor.com.au

Chef_bedazzledjewels, Oct 2, 12:15 pm

and I have looked too.
When some of the recipes cannot be found on-line I often wonder if there may be a book in the making at some stage and that the recipe(s) are (IMO rightly so) being wthheld for that reason.:-))

Chef_245sam, Oct 2, 12:32 pm

Chef_mwood, Oct 2, 12:47 pm

Well that seems to be that - for now.Will keep an eye out on her website - it was certainly yummy looking.Nigella's would be too of course.
Thanks again.

Chef_jayc14, Oct 2, 2:09 pm

this is a nice one

Lemon Syrup Loaf

1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
finely grated zest and juice 1 lemon
1/2 cup natural yoghurt
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
juice of 2 lemons
zest of 1 lemon
Method
Beat oil, sugar and eggs until thick and creamy.
Add the lemon juice and zest and stir in flour and yoghurt.
Pour into a lined loaf pan and smooth the top.
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Heat syrup ingredients together until sugar is dissolved and then allow to cool. While the loaf is still hot pour over cooled syrup.

Chef_pam.delilah, Oct 2, 4:44 pm

l made the one in the link and it is really nice and it is still warm so it will be really nice when cold but it has a real syrup on it after l got distracted and left the syrup and it had almost got to toffee stage but very nice

Chef_griffo4, Oct 3, 9:14 pm

Thanks, have the lemon syrup loaf recipe.Will keep a watch out for the cake - they could both be very similar I think.

Chef_opio, Oct 8, 11:22 am