Please your best baileys cheesecake recipe

kiwitrish, Oct 3, 1:31am
Have looked through the search and cannot find any.Just got a hankering for some.

245sam, Oct 3, 1:34am
kiwitrish, I recommend this one which is thanks to TM's cap.

"Bailey's Cheesecake - never fails!
250g choc chip biscuits 75g butter, melted, 3tsp gelatine, 1/4c water, 2x 250g packets cream cheese, 3/4 cup caster sugar, 300ml thickened cream, 1/3 cup baileys 2 eggs whites. Chocolate sauce. 200g dark chocolate chopped, 1c thickened cream, 2 tablespoons baileys Crush biscuits till they resemble breadcrumbs. Add butter, stir to combine. Press into cheesecake tin, refrigerate for 30mins or till firm. Sprinkle gelatine over water in a small heatproof jug stand in small saucepan of simmering water, stir until dissolved. cool for 5 mins. Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add cream beat until thick. Stir in gelatine and liquor. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into cheese mixture. Pour over prepared base. Cover and refrigerate for 4hrs until set. Chocolate sauce. Combine chocolate and cream in saucepan, stir over low heat until smooth. Stir in Liqueur. Serve with cheesecake.":-))

Edited to add that IMO the cheesecake doesn't necessarily need the Chocolate Sauce - it's a delicious treat just on its own.

Hope that helps.:-))

kiwitrish, Oct 3, 1:45am
Thank you.Sounds so good.When you say thickened cream do you mean cream that has been whipped!

245sam, Oct 3, 1:51am
kiwitrish, it is a while since I last made that cheesecake - I still remember how absolutely delicious it was but as far as the cream I used goes, I think it would have been just ordinary cream I used and as the recipe states "Add cream beat until thick", not whipped before it is added.:-))

kiwitrish, Oct 3, 2:02am
Thanks for that will give it a try.i think the sauce is a must to go with too.

245sam, Oct 3, 2:08am
You're welcome kiwitrish.

Re the sauce.Each to her/his own - cap, in a posting that followed the posting of that recipe, actually advised that the sauce wasn't really necessary so I followed her advice and opted for allowing the flavour of the Baileys to reign supreme without running the risk of masking or overpowering it with the chocolate.:-))

tjman, Oct 3, 5:15am
Not baileys cheesecake, but lovely all the same.
1 pavlova
top with vanilla or chocolate icecream
sprinkle over blueberries, boysonberries and strawberries.
Pour over BAILEYS, liberally( thats the only way with baileys) lol
sprinkle over toased alsmond or hazelnuts

carter19, Oct 3, 6:03am
If you are pedantic you can actually buy "thickened cream" but lightly beaten/whipped as 245sam suggests is perfect.

gardie, Oct 3, 7:04am
This cheesecake is our families favourite request for birthdays and christmas.I make it into a springform tin and then make up the 'sauce' with a little less cream (about 100ml) and poor it over the set cheesecake to set it completely.the cheesecake looks very impressive when plated.
Also, I left out the egg whites once and couldn't tell the difference - I never include them now.And the cream!Yes normal whipping cream.

bridget107, Oct 3, 9:40am
This one is delicious! http://aftertasteblog.wordpress.com/2011/11/28/kahlua-and-mars-bar-cheesecake/ Kahlua and Mars Bar Cheesecake