Bread-free

matuq, Oct 1, 7:13pm
I have someone coming to stay with me for three months and she doesn't eat bread.I need helpful ideas!I ALWAYS have bread in the house and probably eat more than is good for me so I'm at a loss what to provide her.at this point my imagination is zilch.:o(

korbo, Oct 1, 7:19pm
cruskits, water crackers, wraps, all those kinda things. Tho she will probably bring/buy her own items.

lilyfield, Oct 1, 7:30pm
I don,t eat bread

Porridge or leftover veg for brekkie
Salads with beans or lentil or corn etc for lunch, more veg with spuds for dinner.
Maybe some wholemeal crackers for snacks, lots of fruit

roundtop, Oct 1, 7:43pm
Just have what you would put in a snadwhich on a plate with a knife and fork!

bedazzledjewels, Oct 1, 7:47pm
Your normal ideas just without the bread!
Ask her if she wants any special foods. I'm sure she'll surprise you with how wonderful life can be without bread. You might even try it yourself - and feel a lot better for the change!

davidt4, Oct 1, 7:48pm
Is your guest gluten-free!Completely grain-free!Or is it just bread that she doesn't eat!

matuq, Oct 2, 6:49am
Gluten free . I should've said that earlier.I'll do a Google search - but would still appreciate any help on here.

davidt4, Oct 2, 9:07pm
Ask your guest if there is anything special she needs, but basically as long as you provide real unprocessed food and avoid manufactured foods like simmer sauces, packet soups etc. she will have plenty to eat.Fresh or frozen veges and fruit, unprocessed meat and fish, eggs, cheese and rice are all completely gluten-free.

matuq, Oct 3, 4:44pm
Thank you.should've thought of that before posting.

geldof, Oct 3, 10:01pm
Matuq, with gluten free there is a lot more than bread that yo will have to watch out for.
IMO, it would be best if you asked her what is suitable.
(some lollies, some potato chips, soy sauce etc all have gluten)
I agree with davidt4's post.