Edmonds yo yos recipe please?

kambi, Oct 6, 12:34am
Hi. I'm mid bake session and can't find my Edmonds book anywhere. Would someone please be so kind as to give me the recipe for yo yos using custard powder!My partner will be very grateful!

ngacooky, Oct 6, 12:45am
i could but im sitting in my lazy boy with my feet up relaxing after lunch.it would mean i would have to get up of my lazy ass to get it.But i guess if anyone hasnt posted the recipe i could possibly do it for you

ngacooky, Oct 6, 12:49am
YoYos
175g butter,1/4 C icing sugar, few drops van ess, 1 1/2c BP,1/4 C custard powder.
BUTTER FILLING - 50g soft butter, 1/2 c icing sugar, 2 TBSP custard powder

cream butter, sugar.add vanilla. add flour, custard powder. mix together
bake 15-20mins

elsielaurie1, Oct 6, 12:52am
Yo Yoes.
6oz butter. 6oz flour. 2oz icing sugar. 2oz Edmonds custard powder. Vanilla esssence (few drops).Cream butter and sugar, add essence, then dry indredients.Put through forcer or roll into balls and flatten with a fork.Place on a cold greased tray. Bake 20mins @ 350oF (180oC).When cold put together with Butter Filling as follows - Soften 1T butter, add about 6T icing sugar, 1T Edmonds custard powder.

Because this recipe has been taken from an older Edmonds book the measurements aren't metric.but easy enough to convert.enjoy.

kamitchell, Oct 6, 12:56am
Here you go.

175g butter,softened
1/4 cup icing sugar
few drops vanilla essence
1 & 1/2 cups plain flour
1/4 cup custard powder

Butter filling: 50 grams butter, softened. 1/2 cup icing sugar. 2 tablespoons custard powder.

Cream butter & icing sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla.Sift flour and custard powder together and add to the reamed mixture.Roll teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls & place on oven tray.Flatten with a fork.Bake at 180 deg for 15-20 minutes.When cold sandwich together in twos with butter icing.

Butter filling:Beat all ingredients together until well combined

kambi, Oct 6, 1:09am
You are all fantastic! Thank you! Yo yos in the oven!

griffo4, Oct 6, 6:48am
Drooling now will have to go and make some ;-))