Where to buy duck in Christchurch?

katalin2, Oct 5, 6:14am
Thinking of a change from turkey this Christmas- anyone know who stocks ducks!

frances1266, Oct 5, 6:23am
Ducks mate for life, if you have any compassion whatsoever then find a substitute, preferably without killing another species.

sumstyle, Oct 5, 6:37am
katalin2, I've seen duck in the New World at South City, both in the fresh meat section and the frozen food.I wonder whether the Asain food shops in that wee mall in Upper Riccarton (Berswick!) might be able to help also - there is a butcher in there.

Duck YUM!

iriegirl, Oct 5, 6:41am
katalin, Rare fare at the top of Main North Road has duck. They also stock the best hams IMO, in fact, must order my Xmas havoc ham! mmmm

destiny6nz, Oct 5, 7:04am
Mad butcher sell duck

katalin2, Oct 5, 8:15am
Thank you to last 3 posters- and poster 2, I was thinking of farmed ducks, I wasn't thinking of going on midnight raid of the ducks on the Avon river.
( I liked the sound of the roast duck recipe given in the thread about your favourite Chinese meal a few days ago)

supersapper, Oct 5, 9:28am
Not sure this is true for the ordinary species of duck.If you notice ducks at this time of the year one female is usually being pursued by half a dozen males all keen to have a go - pretty similar to a gang bang I reckon.Paradise ducks however I understand do mate for life and you do usually only see a pair together rather than one female and heaps of blokes.

bluecalico, Oct 6, 10:31am
Countdown Church Corner have them.plus duck fat.