REAL INDIAN tasting Butter chicken recipe. PLEASE

karlacaldwell, Apr 18, 9:36am
Does anyone have a butter chicken/chicken tika masala recipe that tastes like the ones from a restaurant/ mall ? ?

Thanks

cookessentials, Apr 18, 9:43am
If you scroll down there is a butter chicken thread. Hopefully you can weed out all the sniping in there to find it!

karlacaldwell, Apr 18, 9:48am
haha, yes all I want is a recipe not everyones opinion :)
Thanks for your help, I'll have a look for it

aktow, Apr 19, 4:29pm
unfortunately you will not find the mall butter chicken any where . . try asking the indians in the mall. i really like the mall butter chicken and chicken cormabut i find the real indian restaurants butter chicken to spicy and so much different taste. if you are in albert street auckland go to the food hall there as the indian owner will tell you how he makes it. . i did ask him years ago how to make chicken korma and he told me but stupid me did not write it down so i forgot.

bcnd, Apr 19, 6:43pm
Try this guy. He maybe able to help. He may sell you a base for it. http://www.samosa.co.nz/, maybe give him a ring

02shawn, Apr 19, 10:13pm
we looove food court butter chicken but havent been able to make one as good.

the best one i can do is with the asian home gourmet [i think thats the brand name] found in the asian part of supermarket. its a spice paste. you add onions, tomato, butter, cream, chicken - follow directions on packet [purple packet btw] and its sooo yum

fisher, Apr 20, 5:19am
x1
Foodcourt Style Butter Chicken. . not authentic but quick and nice. .
Ingredients:
500g diced chicken. . 50g butter. . 2 garlic cloves. . 1 finely chopped onion. . 3/4 cup cream. . 4tbsp tomato paste. . 2 tsp sugar. .
11/2 tsp eachturmeric / nutmeg / ground cumin. . 1 tsp garam masala. . 11/2 tsp cornflour (mixed with some of the cream)
Method:. .
In a large fry pan sauté the onion and garlic in the butter until soft. . Toss the spices (except g/masala) through the chicken then add to the fry pan... Add the tomato paste and garam masala. . Stir in the cream and simmer till cooked...
Serve with Naan bread after microwave for 60 secs and buttered

winnie15, Sep 6, 8:29am
I made this tonight and didn't enjoy it at all , tasted nothing like butter chicken. It got a thumbs down from all the family ... back to the drawing board..

beaker59, Sep 6, 9:24am
I see you are on the shore so go to the indian spice shop in Birkinhead I think its called Spice n Easy but they do brilliant spice kits with instructions buy the Chicken Tikka Marsala its my favourite they are easy and authentic and delicious. (not that expensive either)

elliehen, Sep 6, 10:08am
Possibilities??

pam.delilah, Sep 6, 8:41pm
From World Kitcken

Butter Chicken Delhi-style

Murgh makhani (butter chicken) is a popular dish and is easy to make at home and, unlike many of the takeaway versions, is tangy and delicious without being too sweet!
Serves: 4
Ingredients
4 whole chicken legs, skinless

Marinade:
5 cloves garlic, crushed
2 cm ginger, finely grated
½ tsp paprika
1 tsp chilli powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp (heaped) of each: ground coriander, cumin, turmeric and garam masala
2 tsp lime (or lemon) juice
1 cup natural yoghurt
2 Tb cooking oil

Mahkani Sauce:
2 tbsp butter (or ghee)
3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 cm ginger, grated finely
1 tsp each: coriander, turmeric, garam marsala,
½ tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
½ tsp paprika
1 cardamom pod, split and crushed
800g crushed tomatoes, canned are fine
1 tsp lemon juice
25g unsalted butter
100ml cream
Fresh coriander to garnish
Method

The first stage is to marinate and grill the chicken. In a bowl, mix all of the marinade ingredients together. Make deep gashes in the chicken meat and add the chicken to the marinade, rubbing the marinade into the chicken to coat well.Leave for 1 hour or overnight.

Pre-heat the grill to hot. Lay the chicken pieces on a wire rack over an oven dish and grill until well coloured (a bit charred in places is even fine as what we’re trying to do is cook the chicken in a way that emulates as closely as possible the tandoor ovens of India!) Turn over and continue cooking until the chicken is almost cooked through. Lower the temperature if you need to, to ensure it is not too coloured as it continues to cook.

Prepare the sauce: In a large pot, melt the butter and add the garlic and ginger and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the spices and fry for a further few minutes, stirring. Add the tomatoes and lemon juice and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken pieces and simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Finally, stir in the butter and cream and season to taste. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with warm naan or chapat

purplegoanna, Sep 6, 8:48pm
spice & easy sell there kits in countdown/woolworths

cottagerose, Mar 3, 4:55pm
If you put my name in the search box I have posted a butter chicken recipe there that my Indian friend makes