Grapefruit Juice Recipe

hunter246, Sep 12, 8:46pm
Hi has anyone got an easy Grapefruit Juice recipe that will last a couple of days in the fridge and even maybe be suitable for freezing!I have heaps of grapefruit and am not into making preserves so thought juice might be a go!Thanks

kirmag, Sep 12, 9:31pm
I have heaps too.I just juice the grapefruits and add sugar til it's drinkable.Mine always last in the fridge fine.

irenew, Sep 12, 9:59pm
I like the grapefruit just as they are, so would just squeeze then freeze or refrigerate.However, many people find them too sour that way and add sugar to their liking.

hunter246, Sep 12, 10:12pm
Thanks, does the sugar not sink!Wondered if I had to heat it of put some special liquid sweetner in it!

kirmag, Sep 12, 10:13pm
Yeh it does, but I just stir like crazy til it's all dissolved hehe good work out if it's a big jug.

harrislucinda, Sep 12, 11:13pm
grapefruitspread
1cup water
1cup suagr
1tlbsp butter1tspzest
2tlbspcustard powder
1cupgrapefruitjuice
putsugarbutterandwaterzestsimmer5minthemakeapastefromcustardandjuicemixintoliquidreturn to heatandcook afewminslovelyontoast

vinee, Sep 13, 5:49am
My good lemonade has equal parts sugar and water boiled together until dissolved. use this to sweeten the juice to taste. Also once squeezed, boil the skins up and then strain that liquid into it as well. I'm sure that would work for GF too.
Yum, I love grapefruit, too!

lodgelocum, Sep 13, 8:51am
Same, just drink plain grapefruit juice freshy squeezed, not sweetened, love it.

kirmag, Sep 13, 8:47pm
Yeh I bring a bag in for a lady at work. she eats them like oranges. bit to sour for me like that!

labyrinth5, Sep 13, 9:45pm
My husband makes it 1 part juice to 3 parts water and then adds brown sugar about 1 cup. Yummi

tigerlilly16, Sep 14, 12:36pm
we used to squeeze the juice and then fill plastic containers like used cottage cheese pots and similar then freeze them, then when we wanted to use just run outside of container under hot water till loose then tip into jug and add water and sugar to taste and stir.

ETA you could do similar using ice cube trays then just add a couple of cubes and sugar to a glass of water and stir

daleaway, Sep 15, 12:53am
Harris lucinda - I'd like to have a go at making your spread recipe.
Do you have to keep it in the fridge!

harrislucinda, Sep 15, 3:22am
yesbestifyoudo