Receipe for sausages, apple & curry casserole

cactus7, Sep 15, 9:48pm
Does any one have a recipe for a casserole or bake with cooked sausages, apple and curry powder. I have seen one on here but wasnt very specific regarding ingredients and measurements. Cheers if any one can help.

jessie981, Sep 15, 10:46pm
I cut sausages up, place in casserole dish, add chopped onion, 1 apple (granny smith is best), peeled & sliced, 1tsp dry mustard, 2Tbsp tomato sauce, 1dsp curry powder. Cover with water & cook covered approx 1hr.
This is for 6 - 8 sausages.
Plenty of recipes on here
http://www.google.co.in/#hl=en&sugexp=les%3B&gs_nf=1&cp=10&gs_id=12&xhr=t&q=devilled+sausages&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&oq=devilled+s&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=9f16e79060c3559d&biw=1366&bih=620

cactus7, Sep 15, 10:58pm
Thank you jessie981 I will try that for tea tonight.

grandma, Sep 15, 11:11pm
Here's our favourite, cooked in the crockpot:
Curried Sausage Patties(4 servings)
500g sausage meat or skinned sausages; 2 teaspoons curry powder; 2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar; 2 Tablespoons wholemeal flour; 1 x 400g can diced apple or apple sauce (I used 2 large grated fresh apples.)Salt, pepper and ground cumin if desired; 1-2 Cups chopped red tomatoes or 1 x 400g can tomatoes; (I have used fresh or ones I have frozen.)Chopped parsley.
METHOD: Turn slow cooker on HIGH and coat the bowl with non-stick spray. Form the sausage meat into 8 balls with wet hands. (I usually make 12 or so smaller ones.)Measure the curry powder, sugar and flour into a round flat- bottomed bowl or dish, mixing it well with dry fingers or a whisk.(I use a flat pyrex dish I have – any flat dish would do.)Gently coat the sausage balls into the bowl with the curry powder mixture. Put the coated balls in the slow cooker. Arrange apple mixture on top of the balls, sprinkle remaining curry mixture and other seasonings over it, then spread the tomatoes and juice on top (cut into cubes if fresh.) Put on the lid and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or on LOW for 6-8 hours. Turn the contents gently to combine them before serving. Sprinkle with chopped parsley just before serving.Nice with rice and veggies or salad.Enjoy!

donna_jo29, Sep 16, 1:00am
its on deviled sausages packet gravy mixes at supermarket.

clawed2, Sep 16, 4:49am
Quantities to suit=. layer bottom of dish withstewed apples -mixed with curry and brown sugar. put cut up cooked sausageson top. then add cooked mashed potaoes. Grated cheese and breadcrumbs

hnbhrxlrq, Jul 16, 2:35pm
i eat my tea on a sunday DURING my live show.mashed spuds in a huge home-made yoirhsrke with the sausage shoved into the mcartoon style.worked with a lass for 18 years and she still spelt my name simmone.worried you know ANYTHING about jay ellis.ha. there is/was a band called little thief, i am chatty wih the bassplayer on the old twitter thing.cracking show, over too soon.ok, off 4th-13h april. i MUST get on your show somehow fingers out, sort it!ttfnsime