Tasty pork chops recipe

zuggle, Sep 16, 1:37am
wanted - without frying, please! Many thanks.

valentino, Sep 16, 1:51am
Noted you requested without frying but try this one, it is very nice.

Pork chops with sage

4 pork chops
salt and pepper
15 fresh sage leaves
handful flatleaf parsley
2 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
2 tbsps pure olive oil
3-4 tbsps plain flour
salt and white pepper
3⁄4 cup dry white wine
mashed kumara or potato and just-boiled broccoli for serving

Cut the fat from the chops, then slice off the skin.
Dice the fat small and put aside.
Score the skin in a diamond pattern and rub a little salt into the top surface.
Cut a slit in the side of each chop, parallel with the chopping board, and slide three sage leaves into each.
Chop the remaining leaves with the parsley and place in a shallow bowl with garlic and olive oil.
Add the chops and turn, pressing the chopped herbs into the surface, and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or overnight if preparing the dish ahead.
To cook the meal, melt the diced fat in a heavy frypan on a low heat and remove the brown bits with a slotted spoon (they make an illicit ‘‘chef’s perk’’).
Place the flour on a plate and season with salt and pepper.
Remove the chops from the marinade and press into the flour.
Cook on both sides in the melted fat until golden, then pour off any excess.
Add the white wine, bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for 35-40 minutes, or until the chops are very tender, adding more wine if necessary.
While they cook, grill or bake the pork skin to make crackling and prepare the mashed kumara or potato and broccoli.
Place the vegetables on heated plates, add the chops, reduce the sauce a little if necessary and pour over the top.

Serve with mash.

maggie62, Sep 16, 1:55am
I brownmy chops in the pan, then place them in a oven bag, and spoon stewed apple over the chops, place in a oven dish pop three holes in the top no water in the dish and place in the oven for a hour or less, I keep testing them, then let rest for 15mins and serve so yummy.

kabbo, Sep 16, 2:42am
my dad used to make this and it is yummy.
it was a micorwave recipe though from the 80's using one of those microwave browning dishes.
i guess you could fry/grill/bake it though.

chopped onion
1 tsp butter
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 tbsp red vinegar
worcestershire sauce

cook onion and butter, add brown sugar, tomato sauce, vinegar, w.sauce until heated and combined.
pour on chops and cook.

korbo, Sep 16, 2:48am
This is a family favourite, but sorry no actual measurements.(sometimes a bit more of this, less of that.)
4-6 pork chops
chopped onion
2 long stalks celery chopped
small tin either crushed or pineapple peices and juice
In a small jug mix -approx
2 tblesp soya sauce
2 tblesp worces sauce
2-3 tblsp flour
3 tblsp brown sugar (or less if you like)
1 teaspoon curry powder
mixwith enough water to make a gravy
and pour over the chops. cover dish and cook perhaps 1.1/2hours.
depends on size of chops.
You would have just enough time to do this, for tea tonight,if you checked on here

mazzy1, Sep 16, 3:14am
Coat with yoghurt, dredge in breadcrumbs and bake at 180C for 35 mins or until cooked. Always tender and tasty this way.

kabbo, Sep 16, 3:19am
Yummy, that sounds nice.
What sort of chops do you use! Loin, leg, butterfly!

carlosjackal, Sep 16, 3:50am
This recipe is a real winner in our house:

Devilled Pork Chops

2-4 Pork Loin Chops (used Pork Butterfly Steaks last night)
1 onion - minced
4 tablespoons Chilli Sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2-3 cm piece of ginger grated
1 teaspoon dry mustard powder

+Slash meat on both sides of chop with a sharp knife
+Combine all other ingredients. Pour over pork and let stand for about
1 hour - turning occasionally
+Drain pork and brown in oil and then add the sauce/marinade
+Simmer for about 1/2 hr, until tender

grouch, Sep 16, 8:43am
Mix up Hoisin Sauce with equal parts of runny honey and smear over the pork chop and bake in the oven. Just delicious!

zuggle, Sep 16, 10:11am
Thanks very much everyone, there are a couple there I am most keen to do. Especially like the drizzled with yoghurt, coat with breadcrumbs one, which I may make even healthier (heart con. is why I'm requesting NOT fried) by using almond bits - almonds reduced to chips in electric coffee grinder! or Japanese panko.
Very much appreciated!

village.green, Sep 16, 9:01pm
Jamie Oliver has a nice one using parsnips and apples and potatoes all baked in the oven if you can find it online. It's called 'Tray baked pork chops with herby potatoes, parsnips and minted bread sauce'. Obviously you don't have to do the bread sauce aswell.

zuggle, Sep 16, 9:12pm
Thanks village.green!* runs off to track it down.

biggles45, Sep 16, 9:42pm
Pork parcels - place each chop on individual pieces of foil big enough to seal at the top.Mix cream, lightly softened chopped onions, salt/pepper, sliced raw mushrooms. Place a generous portion of the mix on top of each chop, seal foil on top and put in oven at 175 for about 40 - 45 mins.

gerry64, Sep 16, 11:30pm
Zuggle - I always do the yoghurt and panko thing - I dip them in the youghurt like you would beaten egg and then crumb them - they always stay moist

lavender32, Sep 17, 3:17am
I'm with zuggle on this one but I just coat in flour then egg then panko crumbs. I pan fry to brown both sides then pop in oven for 20 minutes at about 160

village.green, Sep 17, 8:50am
zuggle - if you can't find it online I will type it out here for you, just didn't have the time earlier.