Recipes for babies/ toddlers dairy & soy free

kimrd, Sep 17, 5:40am
Does anyone have any good (tried and tested) recipes! We have a dietitian but I'm struggling for new ideas. Preferably able to have a calorie supplement added.

frances1266, Sep 17, 6:17am
How old is the baby!

sharronk1, Sep 17, 6:32am
Basically you just swap out dairy for olivia marg or oil, milk with water, lots of rice meals, If the child can have egg its a lot easier, see if coconut milk can be used! My granddaughter does tend to eat a lot of rice and vegie meals.

kimrd, Sep 17, 6:49am
Sorry should have added, she is two, but only 9kg.

buzzy110, Sep 17, 6:55am
There is a difference between milk products and butter. Can your baby/child have butter!

In the meantime I wonder what is wrong with vegetables (all sorts), including potatoes, kumara and pumpkin/buttercup/butternut and meat cooked in a rich bone broth or homemade meat stock. Once you make up an appropriate mush you can then mix in beaten eggs and make fritters for when you go out and want finger food.

It is a pity western mothers are not interested in learning how to ferment grains for their babies which is a pity because they are just the most healthy of foods to transition a baby onto solids and teach babies to enjoy more savoury foods.

buzzy110, Sep 17, 7:00am
Two eh! Well you can discount most of my advice then but the vegetables cooked in bone broth/meat stocks is still good advice. This is what my 2 year old grandson gets and my granddaughter (7mths) gets the same, only whizzed in a small blender to turn it into mush. I also, the fritters for when I take my grandie to his 'two year old' activities because his mother doesn't want him eating the biscuits and 'toxic' (that is what his father calls them anyway) cupcakes that are offered at these events.

sarahb5, Sep 17, 9:49am
I'd stick with the basics of fresh fruit and vegetables with meat, poultry or fish.For milk, or milk substitute, there is almond milk and rice milk but at two years of age she is past the age of milk being her main source of nutrition anyway.