Bramasole ginger kisses recipe

eljayv, Sep 16, 9:54pm
does anyone have it the site does not seem to be available now.

sooseque, Sep 17, 12:44am
There is one in the latest Food magazine if you would like it, I could type it out for you

gerry64, Sep 17, 1:05am
I would please- made some from a WW recipe over here and they were awful

245sam, Sep 17, 1:27am
Here you are gerry64 - this recipe is thanks to Food Magazine's Sandra Kinnisburgh.

GINGER KISSES

115g butter, softened
⅓ cup caster sugar(or light brown sugar)
2 tsp golden syrup
1 egg
½ cup each ofself-raising flourandplain flour
1 tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch ground nutmeg
½ tsp baking soda, dissolved in 1 tbsp boiling water

Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
Line 2-3 oven trays with baking paper.

Cream the butter, sugar and golden syrup with an electric beater until the mixture is light and fluffy.Add the egg, beating well.
Sift over the flours, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.Add the baking soda mixed with the boiling water.Mix gently until all the ingredients are combined.The mixture will be soft and cake-like.
Place heaped teaspoonfuls of the mixture on to the prepared baking trays, leaving room for them to spread.
Bake the kisses for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven until golden.
Leave them to cool for a few minutes before transferring them to cooling racks.
Meanwhile, make the

Butter Cream Filling:
75g butter, softened
1 cup icing sugar
½ tsp ground ginger
2 tbsp milk, warmed for 10 seconds in the microwave

Combine all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and beat the mixture with an electric beater until it is light and creamy.
When the ginger kisses have cooled, sandwich them together with a spoonful of the buttercream – for a neater finish pipe the filling on to the biscuits, rather than using a teaspoon.Store them in an airtight container.
Makes 30 halves (15 complete kisses).:-))

gerry64, Sep 17, 2:55am
cheers 245 -

eljayv, Sep 17, 3:23am
The last paragraph refers to them as biscuits.I was hoping they would be soft and spongy.

245sam, Sep 17, 3:38am
You're right eljayv, however in the picture that is with the recipe they don't look like "biscuits".:-))

eljayv, Sep 17, 3:45am
Okay. thanks.

raebee, Sep 19, 8:50am
mmmm i just made these. well technically they are still cooling, but i did sandwich one together and taste test it anyway!highly recommend.slightly crisp outer but in a really nice melt in your mouth way.inside soft.i think it will stay softish as it cools too.
i sandwiched together with mock cream though as loooove mock cream :)

flower-child01, Oct 9, 10:16am
Bramasoles ginger kisses

Ginger kisses

These have a soft cake texture, delicious, true kiwi morsels. Identical to Ernest Adams version.
125g (4oz) butter
1/2 c sugar
2 eggs
1 tbsp golden syrup
1 1/4 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp ginger (yes it is a tablespoon)
1 tsp cinnamon

Mock cream filling:
50g butter
1/2 c icing sugar
4-5 tbsp boiling water (1/4 c)
1 tsp ginger

Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add the golden syrup, then beat in the eggs.
Fold in the sifted dry ingredients.
Put heaped teaspoonfuls of the mixture on greased trays.
Bake 180°C for 10 minutes, immediately place on a cooling rack.

Mock cream filling: make the filling by beating the butter, ginger and icing sugar together with an electric beater, adding the boiling water a little at a time. Continue beating until the mixture is very light and creamy.
Pair up the ginger kisses, matching sizes, then stick them together with the filling.
Dust with sifted icing sugar before serving.

or fill with a Pineapple cream filling:
300ml cream
2 tbsp icing sugar
225g can crushed pineapple, drained
Whip cream with icing sugar and gently mix in the drained pineapple.

This may be my adapted version, I am not 100% sure, but I have reduced the sugar content making a softer kiss. I will check tomorrow.

I am sorry I pulled the site due to poor health, having lupus and many ongoing infections I needed rest along caring for my three kids on the autism spectrum.