How to make chocolate cups?

chooky, Sep 18, 10:59am
As part of my mini desserts for christmas this year I would like to make chocolate cups and fill with a filling. I have seen them for sale in the chocolate shops, but was wondering if anyone one here as made them, and how. Thanks.

punkinthefirst, Sep 18, 11:41am
Melt chocolate. Smear it thickly round the inside of small paper cake cups or confectionery cups. Leave to set, and peel off the paper. Easy peasy!

nadineb, Sep 18, 7:27pm
Orange ChocolateCups
1/2 container of cream cheese
1 Orange
2 tablespoons castor sugar
300 ml cream
Tinned peaches
Chocolate
Patty cases
Melt chocolate and put in patty cases I normally use to patty cases together for satability and tem put a dollop of chocolate into the patty cases and spread over the bottom and work up around the cases sometimes there might be a thin part I just add more chocolate to that part.
Leave to harden then take off paper cases.
Beat cream cheese and then add castor sugar,juice and the rind of one
orange beat and then add whipped cream and fold.
Drain peaches and cut up into pieces small enough to put into the bottom of the chocolate cups.
Pipe or put in the orange cream on top of the peaches and leave to chill.
Can sprinkle with chopped chocolate.

geldof, Sep 18, 9:26pm
I find it easier to do several 'lighter' coats, which stops the melted chocolate sliding down the base.

chooky, Sep 18, 10:46pm
Thanks so much. So the chocolate case comes off the paper cases no problem.! I was abit worried with that part.

geldof, Sep 18, 10:58pm
Some cases are better than others.
I would do a test one first.

punkinthefirst, Sep 19, 3:35am
I bought one of those "Chocolaterie" chocolate melting/making thingies. It was about $13 from Countdown two years ago. Cheap, but melts the chocolate perfectly, so that it is neither too thin nor too thick. Brilliant piece of kit, and I wonder, round about Christmas-time, how I ever did without it, as I make the many batches of sweets to give away for presents.

venom4, Sep 19, 3:51am
I have the baking tins that are a cupcake bottom & top - i just use that for my chocolate cups, also i have silicon ones.

mabelle2, Sep 19, 5:21am
i use the silicon cases & smear with lots of chocolate. they peel off easily.
i use the slightly bigger cases and fill with a blob of ice cream or whipped cream.
I've also in the past made mini ones & filled with peanut butter or a blob of caramel.

willyow, Sep 19, 5:32am
A dark chocolate case with a white chocolate ganache with some vanilla beans seedsis really nice. Or a dark chocolate ganache with some ground up roast hazelnuts - also fabulous.

gardie, Sep 19, 6:15am
I did this last Christmas, filling chocolate cups with chocolate mousse.I got some silicon patty cases from the $2 shop and they were great.Popped them into the freezer for about 3 mins after coating then peeled the cases off and coated them again for the next lot.It was a very easy dessert.Would thoroughly recommend the silicon ones though - they don't loose their shape with the weight of the chocolate.

chooky, Sep 19, 11:34am
Thanks everyone for your help. I might have to check out the $2 shop.

natalie9, Sep 19, 4:20pm
Not what you are after this time but saw a great idea I thought I'd try. Partly blow up a balloon to the required size. Dip the bottom part in chocolate then lay on baking paper. When chocolate is set pop the balloon. Have chocolate cups for putting icecream or whatever in. Yum!

geldof, Sep 19, 8:50pm
I did this once, using the little water balloons.
If I did it again I would spray the outside of the balloons.
I found the chocolate stuck to the balloons.