What are some healthy chicken dinner recipes?

horsecrazyme, Sep 21, 3:45am
Bearing in mind I am at my goal weight, am trying to eat healthy, so I don't mind eating (healthy) fats. I'm really into curries, roasts, and anything with rice. Any ideas would be great!

tjman, Sep 21, 4:57am
chicken ceasar salad, make your own dressing.
Spagehetti bolognaise made with chicken or chicken meatballs in regular ragu sause.!

sarahb5, Sep 21, 10:48pm
Check out the Healthy Food Guide website - they have a great recipe for peanut chicken and rice as well as chicken lasagne and lots of other great healthy recipes or makeovers of less healthy ones!I make a yummy chicken salad - quantities to suit:

Leftover cooked chicken, shredded
Telegraph cucumber, halved and sliced diagonally
Drained pineapple chunks
Almonds or pine nuts, toasted
Celery, cut into matchstick sized pieces

Combine all the above.Dressing is half natural unsweetened yoghurt and half fat free mayo with a tablespoon of curry paste.Combine with the salad ingredients and serve on baby lettuce.

davidt4, Sep 21, 10:51pm
Here's a nice chicken curry to get you started.

Chicken & Spinach Curry

2 tsp coriander seeds
1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
3 tab oil or ghee
1 kg boneless chicken thighs in large chunks
4 onions finely chopped
6 cloves
6 green cardamom pods
1 black cardamom pod
10cm piece cinnamon or cassia stick
10 black peppercorns
4 cassia leaves  (or bay leaves if absolutely necessary)
3 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp tumeric
2 tsp paprika
8cm fresh ginger, grated
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tsp salt
1 c thick yoghurt
1 large bunch of spinach

Toast coriander & cumin in small pan, grind. (Or use ground spices).

Heat oil in large pan and fry chicken over high heat until mildly browned.  Remove from pan.   Add more oil if necessary and fry onions, cloves, cardamoms, peppercorns and leaves, fry gently for about 20 min until starting to brown.  Stir often.

Add cumin, coriander, garam masala, tumeric & paprika and stir 1 min.  Add meat, ginger, garlic, salt & yoghurt, 250 ml water.   Cover and simmer until chicken is tender - about 45 min.   Uncover and cook until moisture evaporated.

Meanwhile clean spinach, blanch or steam until just softened.   Drain very thoroughly between two chopping boards and chop finely.   Add to chicken and cook 3 - 5 min until hot and well mixed.

[This can also be made with lamb, in which case it would need to be cooked longer]