Cream corn

alfredtonroad, Sep 23, 3:39am
has anyone tried bottling cream corn!is there a risk in using milk in the recipe and then storing the jars in the pantry that it might spoil!

jessie981, Sep 23, 5:48am
couldn't imagine doing this. maybe freeze kernals then make into creamed when you need.

alfredtonroad, Sep 23, 6:48am
thanks, i just think the canned cream corn from the supermarket is lacking something & wondered if i could make my own, then use it in toasted sandwiches and fritters.i was worried the milk would become rancid if i bottled it.one website i checked out suggested making cream corn then freezing it so might try that.

jessie981, Sep 23, 7:28am
think frozen would beok, but wouldn't risk bottling with milk.

motorbo, Sep 23, 1:15pm
as far as im aware creamed corn contains corn only .no milk

dezzie, Sep 23, 6:25pm
I think the creamed bit refers to the milky stuff that squishes out of the sweet corn when you cut it off the cob, its not actual cream/milk.

alfredtonroad, Sep 23, 6:41pm
i've googled a couple of recipes, you blitz the corn then thicken with milk & cornflour if you want low fat or cream & parmesan if you want to be fancy.i just wondered if you could bottle it to have on hand to make toasties rather than make it from scratch

olwen, Sep 23, 7:23pm
You could freeze it.

guest, Mar 21, 9:52am
Alhazad2003 / WOW! A triple rlesaee! Thanks, it's most appreciated. My only concern is in the Freezing: ZERO chapter. I'm pretty sure in the RAW, it told the name of Kazuha'a weapon, which is ironically Nova Blood. Yet I didn't see it here. Did I miss it, or was it omitted? Just asking, mind you.

guest, Mar 21, 8:15pm
Very nicely hdnaled interview.I've just started viewing your blog, and I have to say that I am very impressed with your posts; not to mention your photography skills as well!Also, congratulations for making your way this far! ^^;