Chicken legs -- slow cooker

joyfuljoybell, Sep 21, 9:30am
Has any one an easy casserole dish,I want to cook something nice for family that are shifting tomorrow. What seasonings are best !

fifie, Sep 21, 9:46am
Glazed crockpot chicken drumsticks.
Chicken drumsticks
¼ cup dark soy sauce
2 tablespoons runnyhoney
1-2 tablespoon oil
1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon cornflour
2 large cloves garlic crushed and chopped.
Place first 6 ingredients in a bowl and whisk till all mixed.
Put chicken drumsticks into crockpot, drizzle over mixture in bowl using tongs toss drumsticks to coat with sauce. Lid on and cook. When cooked toss drumsticks again in glaze lift out of cooker with tongs put on a serving plate sprinkle with sesame seeds.
You can add ¼ cup of sherry to sauce mix , little more cornflour, and1-2 tablespoons grated ginger if you have it.for a bit more zing. Don't worry about not being enough sauce the juices from chicken make more. This is good with a 1-2kg bag of chicken nibbles also.

joyfuljoybell, Sep 21, 9:48am
Ty so muchthis sounds lovely

joyfuljoybell, Sep 21, 9:49am
Fifie what do you serve this with.Rice or Vegatables

fifie, Sep 21, 10:36am
Usually serve with vegs,ora nice green salad,and baked potato. The nibbles i just throw on a platter the grandees just grab paper towels and munch away happily lol.

joyfuljoybell, Sep 21, 10:41am
ok thank you so much.Am going to try it.

toadfish, Sep 21, 6:21pm
I found this on a Sophie Gray blog and adapted it.
Sauce
1/3 cup tomato sauce,
1 tbsp white vinegar,
1 tsp soy sauce,
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar and
1 tbsp Berry jam - (Sophie said Apricot which I didn't have)
Thats it, just enough to coat everything

I just mixed all of the above together and poured it over and mixed it aroung the skinned chicken drums.
It produces lots of liquids and this can be thickened with cornflour.
Very nice with rice and great for those like me that can be short of time.

(This is what Sophie did - Browned whole chook in frying pan then put in slow cooker, slathered on sauce and cooked on high about 5 hours - 5 hour cooking it not an option for me as I switch it on aas I leave and it cooks for 10 hours)

joyfuljoybell, Sep 24, 11:35pm
Thank youthis sounds lovely too.2 new recipies to try.