TRADE ME RECIPES WEBSITE

jenna68, Sep 25, 6:01am
Hi, years ago I belonged to a recipe website run by trade me people through the recipe thread, got a new computer and have lost the link, can anyone tell me what it is please! Thanks

245sam, Sep 25, 6:03am
jenna68, the Trademe Cooks website has closed.

Edited to add - Tracey, welcome back - from time to time I have wondered about the familiar names of the past, yours included - I remembered you particularly because our daughter is also Tracey.:-))

jenna68, Sep 25, 6:07am
Crap, what a shame, don't suppose you have a recipe for a WHIZ CARROT CAKE lol, worth a crack, I got one off there and have lost it - you chuck your carrots in and all, it's great! :)

jenna68, Sep 25, 6:08am
Oh, sorry just saw the rest of your message - yes you sounded familiar too - did you give me a recipe for a caramel crumble slice!Sure you did.lol

someone was looking for a tan square slice and you (!) gave them that - it's a family fav

245sam, Sep 25, 6:10am
yes, I did jenna68 - that Caramel Crumble is a real favourite of ours.I'll have a look and see if I can find the carrot cake recipe for you.:-))

jenna68, Sep 25, 6:16am
HAH! I knew it, thanks heaps 245sam x

unknowndisorder, Sep 25, 6:16am
does anyone still have a copy of this great cake (marie2244) first posted it I believe in 2009 thanks lizyb

lizyb (280 )7:53 pm, Thu 8 Dec #1
Here it is:
I have made it heaps too' I real goodie
. In WIZZ,chop 3 medium peeled carrots until finely chopped. ADD:2 cups sugar,1 cup oil,2 teaspoons cinnamon,4 eggs.Wizz again till blended.Then add:2 cups plain flour,2 teaspoons baking powder,1 teaspoon baking soda,1 teaspoon salt.(can add any xtra spices to taste eg nutmeg or mixed spice)Wizz all together till blended.Pour into 26cm large cake tin (lined)& bake @ 150 degrees c for approx 1 hour.When cold ,Ice with Cream Cheese Icing-100grms Cream Cheese,50 grms butter,1 teaspoon Vanilla,2 cups Icing Sugar,Lemon or orange juice & rind. Soften butter & cr cheese.then add other ings -mix till smooth and ice cake.

heathpaula (770 )8:25 pm, Thu 8 Dec #2

245sam, Sep 25, 6:18am
Is this the one, jenna68! It's thanks to TM's marie who added these notes. I really recommend this.So easy.Ends up like a Gateau. The only change I make is to grate the carrots on the fine disc of the whiz.

BEST EVER CARROT CAKE - made in kitchen whiz
3 medium carrots, peeled
2 cups each ofsugarandplain flour
1 cup oil
2 tsp cinnamon
4 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp each ofbaking sodaandsalt
any extra spices to tastee.g.nutmegormixed spice

Finely chop the carrots in a kitchen whiz, then add the sugar, oil, cinnamon and the eggs.Whiz again until blended, then add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and any extra spices.Whiz together until blended, then pour the mixture into a lined large 26cm cake tin.
Bake at150°Cforapproximately 1 hour.When cold , ice with
Cream Cheese Icing:
100g cream cheese
50g butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups icing sugar
lemonororange rind and juice

Soften the butter and cream cheese, then add the other ingredients and mix until smooth.

Hope that's the one.:-))

jenna68, Sep 25, 6:19am
SNAP ladies! that's awesome and indeed that is the one, thanks so much, really appreciate it xxx

nessie26, Sep 26, 8:05am
245sam, may I have your caramel crumble recipe please! The mere sound of it sounds devine!

245sam, Sep 26, 8:27am
You sure can nessie26.Here it is.
CARAMEL CRUMBLE
This slice is very like Tan Slice but just stirred together with no creaming of the butter and sugar. As its name suggests its topping is more crumbly but personally I like it better - to make and to eat!

Caramel Topping:
½ x 395g can sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp golden syrup
¼ cup brown sugar
55g (2oz) butter

Mix all the topping ingredients together in a bowl over hot water for 5 minutes, then allow the mixture to cool slightly.
Base:
1½ cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
115g (½ cup) sugar
½ tsp vanilla essence
115g (4oz) melted butter

Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the vanilla essence and the melted butter and mix to a fairly soft crumbly consistency. Press approximately two thirds-three quarters of this crumbly mixture into a greased sponge roll tin, then spread the caramel topping over. Sprinkle over the remaining crumble mixture.
Bake at 180ºC for 20-30 minutes.
Allow to cool then cut into fingers or squares. :-))

nessie26, Sep 26, 9:35am
Many thanks 245sam, will be trying it this weekend!

winnie231, Sep 26, 8:41pm
Although the website is long gone . many of the recipes were saved into a zip file.
I have put the zip file in drop box so anyone can access and download it.
Here is the link -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0fm3wvjgsjwz1f/TMC-V2.zip

cookessentials, Sep 26, 9:33pm
There is a Trademe cooks on facebook. You can join there.